- High-Speed (480Mbps) and Full-Speed (12Mbps) Signaling Capability per USB 2.0
- 1.8V Logic Compatible (2.7V to +3.6V supply)
- Enable Pin to Open all Switches
- Power OFF Protection
- D-/D+ Pins Overvoltage Tolerant to 5.5V
- -3dB Frequency 742MHz
- Low ON Capacitance 7.4pF
- Low ON-Resistance 6.7Ω
- Single Supply Operation (VDD) 2.7V to 5.5V
- Available in µTQFN Package
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
- Compliant with USB 2.0 Short Circuit and Overvoltage Requirements Without Additional External Components
The Intersil ISL54221 is a single supply dual 2:1 multiplexer that can operate from a single 2.7V to 5.5V supply. It contains two SPDT (Single Pole/Double Throw) switches configured as a DPDT. The part was designed for switching or routing of USB High-Speed signals and/or USB Full-speed signals in portable battery powered products.
The 6.7Ω switches can swing rail to rail and were specifically designed to pass USB full-speed data signals that range from 0V to 3.3V and USB high-speed data signals that range from 0V to 400mV. They have high bandwidth and low capacitance to pass USB high-speed data signals with minimal distortion.
The part can be used in Personal Media Players and other portable battery powered devices that need to route USB high-speed signals or full-speed signals to different transceiver sections of the device while connected to a single USB host (computer).
The digital logic inputs are 1.8V logic compatible when operated with a 2.7V to 3.6V supply. The ISL54221 has an output enable pin to open all the switches. It can be used to facilitate proper bus disconnect and connection when switching between the USB sources.
The ISL54221 is available in a tiny 10 Ld 2.1mmx1.6mm µTQFN package. It operates over a temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
- MP3 and other Personal Media Players
- Cellular/Mobile Phones
- Digital Cameras and Camcorders
- USB Switching
|Switch Control||Logic Level||Logic Level||Logic Level||Logic Level|
|BW High||500 MHz||880 MHz||880 MHz||742 MHz|
|BW Full (MHz)||500||550||550||742|
|IS||1 µA||0.02 µA||0.02 µA||0.03 µA|
|Supply Voltage Vdd Min||2 V||2.7 V||2.7 V||2.7 V|
|Supply Voltage Vdd Max||5.5 V||5.5 V||5.5 V||5.5 V|