Radiation-Hardened Quad Power Supply Sequencers
The ISL70321SEH and ISL73321SEH quad power supply sequencers are designed to drive point-of load (POL) regulators that power high performance FPGAs and complex, multi-rail power systems. Highly scalable, up to four power supplies can be fully sequenced by a single device or multiple devices can be easily cascaded to sequence an unlimited number of power supplies.
The highly integrated sequencers provide critical reliability features, and reduce bill of materials cost by replacing discrete solutions that employ several comparators, resistors, and capacitors.
- Wide operating voltage range, 3V to 13.2V
- Single resistor sets the rising and falling delay
- Power-off POLs in reverse order or simultaneously
- Precision voltage monitoring
- 600mV ±1.5% threshold voltage over temperature and radiation
- Full military temperature range operation
- TA = -55°C to +125°C
- TJ = -55°C to +150°C
- Radiation Hardness
- High Dose Rate (HDR) (50-300rad(Si)/s): 100krad(Si) - ISL70321SEH only
- Low Lose Rate (LDR) (0.01rad(Si)/s): 75krad(Si) ISL70321SEH and ISL73321SEH
- SEE Hardness (Review SEE Report for details)
- No SEB/SEL LETTH, VDD = 14.7V: 86MeV•cm2/mg
- SET, SEFI free at LET 20MeV•cm2/mg
- Electrically screened to DLA SMD 5962-17225
The ISL70321SEH and ISL73321SEH are radiation hardened and SEE mitigated power supply sequencers designed to drive Point-of-Load (POL) regulators with enable pins. Up to four power supplies can be fully sequenced by a single device or multiple devices can be easily cascaded to sequence an unlimited number of power supplies for dense RF applications.
This power supply sequencer requires only two feedback resistors per power supply and a single resistor to set the rising and falling delay. The device features precision input comparators with an input threshold voltage of 600mV ±1.5% for the highest possible accuracy when monitoring the power supply voltages.
The ISL70321SEH and ISL73321SEH are offered in an 18 Ld 10mmx12mm CDFP package or die form and are fully specified across the military ambient temperature range of -55°C to +125°C.
With minimal external component count, precision voltage monitoring, and SET mitigation, the ISL70321SEH and ISL73321SEH are the ideal choice to control many of today’s highly dense power systems in high reliability applications.
- Power sequencing for multi-rail devices such as FPGAs, DSPs, and communications ICs
- Power management of high-density distributed power systems and RF applications
|Class||V, /PROTO||V, /PROTO|
|Low Dose Rate (ELDRS) krad(Si)||75||75|
|SEL (MeV/mg/cm2)||SEL free||SEL free|
|Qualification Level||QML Class V (space)||QML Class V (space)|
|AN9867: End of Life Derating: A Necessity or Overkill|
End of Life Derating: A Necessity or Overkill
02 Feb 2018
|02 Feb 2018||331 KB|
|ISL70321SEH, ISL73321SEH Datasheet|
Radiation HardenedQuad Power Supply Sequencers
07 Nov 2017
|07 Nov 2017||1.1 MB|
Standard Microcircuit Drawings
|SMD 5962-17225 (ISL70321SEH, ISL73321SEH)|
ISL70321SEH, ISL73321SEH electrically screened to Standard Microcircuit Drawing (SMD) 5962-17225.
12 Jan 2015
|12 Jan 2015|
|ISL73321SEH Total Dose Test Report|
Total Dose Testing of the ISL73321SEH
06 Nov 2017
|06 Nov 2017||316 KB|
|ISL70321SEH, ISL73321SEH SEE Test Report|
ISL70321SEH, ISL73321SEH Single Event Effects (SEE) Testing
02 Nov 2017
|02 Nov 2017||478 KB|
|Ensuring Power Supply Sequencing in Spaceflight Systems|
Introducing a radiation-hardened quad power supply sequencer that can be cascaded to sequence an unlimited number of power supplies.
07 Nov 2017
|07 Nov 2017||429 KB|
|Intersil Commercial Lab Services|
Test of Intersil Commercial Lab Services Description
18 Nov 2014
|18 Nov 2014||364 KB|