- Programmable Operating Current
- Micropower Standby Dissipation
- Direct Control of Currents Up to 150mA
- Low Input On/Off Current of Less Than 1nA for Programmable Bias Current of 1µA
- Built-in Hysteresis 20mV (Max)
The CA3098 Programmable Schmitt Trigger is a monolithic silicon integrated circuit designed to control high operating current loads such as thyristors, lamps, relays, etc. The CA3098 can be operated with either a single power supply with maximum operating voltage of 16V, or a dual power supply with maximum operating voltage of ±8V. It can directly control currents up to 150mA and operates with microwatt standby power dissipation when the current to be controlled is less than 30mA. The CA3098 contains the following major circuit function features (see Block Diagram):
- Differential amplifiers and summer: the circuit uses two differential amplifiers, one to compare the input voltage with the "high" reference, and the other to compare the input with the "low" reference. The resultant output of the differential amplifiers actuates a summer circuit which delivers a trigger that initiates a change in state of a flipflop.
- Flip-flop: the flip-flop functions as a bistable "memory" element that changes state in response to each trigger command.
- Driver and output stages: these stages permit the circuit to "sink" maximum peak load currents up to 150mA at terminal 3.
- Programmable operating current: the circuit incorporates access at terminal 2 to permit programming the desired quiescent operating current and performance parameters.
- Control of Relays, Heaters, LEDs, Lamps, Photosensitive Devices, Thyristors, Solenoids, etc.
- Signal Reconditioning
- Phase and Frequency Modulators
- On/Off Motor Switching
- Schmitt Triggers, Level Detectors
- Time Delays
- Overvoltage, Overcurrent, Overtemperature Protection
- Battery-Operated Equipment
- Square and Triangular-Wave Generators
|AN9867: End of Life Derating: A Necessity or Overkill|
End of Life Derating: A Necessity or Overkill
02 Feb 2018
|02 Feb 2018||331 KB|
Programmable Schmitt Trigger with Memory, Dual Input Precision Level Detector
20 Nov 2014
|20 Nov 2014||218 KB|
|Intersil Commercial Lab Services|
Test of Intersil Commercial Lab Services Description
18 Nov 2014
|18 Nov 2014||364 KB|