Multi-cell Battery Management (MCB)
- Intersil’s Li-ion battery pack monitoring, protection, and balancing IC
- Ideal for packs from 3 to 12 cells, ensures pack safety and long run time
- Built-in fault detection for open-wire, overvoltage, undervoltage, over-temperature, and cell mismatch. Meets stringent safety standards.
- Example applications: power tools, generators, lawn mowers, vacuum cleaners, solar (charge, distribution), battery backup (UPS), military (handheld radios), e-bike/e-moto
Digital Power Monitors (DPM)
- Simple integrated solution with digital output (I2C) with alerts
- Measures voltage, current (high-side & low-side, bi-directional) and calculates power
- Input common mode up to 60V
- High accuracy (16-Bit ADC)
- User defined alerts — OV, UV, OC
- Additional features (margin DAC, voltage regulator, internal temp sensor, auxiliary channel)
- Micro-power 5V instrumentation amps down to 60µA
- Various options for low to high gain capability
- Excellent for low power, sensor modules
- Excellent for low power, current sensing or monitoring
Precision Op Amps
- Ultra low noise, low distortion op amps at 5V and 40V
- 5V and 40V low drift, precision op amps
- Excellent balance of power versus performance
- Single-supply operation, rail-to-rail input/output
- Excellent balance of power vs. performance
- Among the industry’s best temperature drift and accuracy performances
- Industry’s lowest power, low noise voltage reference offering
Real Time Clocks
- High accuracy (low drift) with low parts count
- Power supervisory and backup management functions
- 3-in-1 module — feature-rich RTC with onboard crystal and temperature compensation
High Speed Op Amps
- Rail-to-rail voltage feedback amplifiers
- Current feedback amplifiers
- Slew rate enhanced voltage feedback amplifiers
- High performance voltage feedback amplifiers
- Differential line drivers/receivers
- Fixed gain op amps
Highly Integrated Multi-Cell Battery Pack Monitor
The ISL94202 3-to-8 cell battery pack monitor enables ultra-small 2-terminal designs, and accurately monitors, protects and cell balances rechargeable battery packs to ensure safe operation and charging.
Digital Power Monitors Reduce Design Complexity
ISL2802x DPM family offers broad feature set and highest level of integration, ideal for telecom, industrial and consumer applications.
3-to-8 Cell Li-ion Battery Pack Monitor
The ISL94203 extends and maximizes Li-ion battery life by accurately monitoring, protecting and balancing cells in rechargeable battery packs.
Dual Protocol RS‑485 / RS‑232 Transceivers Enable Operation Down to 3.15V
The ISL3333xE and ISL3335xE 3V/5V, two port, dual protocol transceivers allow designers to replace two chips (one RS‑485 and one RS‑232) with a single device.
Robust High-Speed RS-485/RS-422 Transceivers
Intersil’s ISL3179E RS-485/RS-422 transceiver has a data rate of 40Mpbs, IEC61000 ESD protection of 16.5kV and a temperature range of -40 to +125 °C.
Programmable Gain Instrumentation Amplifiers for Sensor Applications
The ISL2853x and ISL2863x zero-drift amplifiers feature an integrated RFI filter for EMI reduction and a gain stage output that provides flexibility for more complex designs like ECG.
Reliable, Proven Supply Chain
Proven proprietary processes and package technologies, shipping over 1 billion ICs per year.
- Strong technology development
- Proprietary process and package technologies
- Multi-sourcing strategy
- Sourcing from multiple leading-edge semiconductor foundries & assembly/test partners ensures a steady product supply and reduced risk
- Industry-leading quality & reliability metrics
- Billion+ ICs shipped every year
- Less than 1.0 DPPM (defective parts per million) and improving
- Decades of experience handling military/space products and delivering world-class quality and reliability metrics
- ISO/TS16949 and AEC-Q100
- MIL-PRF-38535 compliant and 100% burned in
A beginner’s guide to BMS architecture, the major functional blocks and the importance of each block to the BMS.
This white paper discusses the basics of a 3-op amp INA, advantages of zero-drift amps, RFI input filters, monitoring sensor health and programmable gain amps.