- Unique compensation-free design – always stable
- Output voltage range: 0.54V to 5.5V
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 14V
- 1% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- ChargeMode control achieves fast transient response, reduced output capacitance, and provides output stability without compensation.
- 2-channel output, 2-, 4-, 6-, or 8-phase output with two, three, or four devices
- Switching frequency range 200kHz to 1.33MHz
- Proprietary single-wire DDC (Digital-DC) serial bus enables voltage sequencing and fault spreading with other Intersil digital power ICs
- Inductor peak and averaged over and undercurrent protection
- Digital fault protection for output voltage UV/OV, input voltage UV/OV, temperature, and MOSFET driver voltage
- Accurate average output current measurement with adjustable gain settings for sensing with SPS current monitor outputs or high current, low DCR inductors
- Monitor ADC measures input voltage, input current, output voltage, driver voltage, internal and external temperature
- Nonvolatile memory for storing operating parameters and fault events
- PMBus compliant
The ZL8802 is a dual output or dual phase digital DC/DC controller. Each output can operate independently or be used together in a dual phase configuration for high current applications supporting 2-, 4-, 6-, and 8-phase operation with up to four ZL8802s.
The ZL8802 supports a wide range of output voltages (0.54V to 5.5V) operating from input voltages as low as 4.5V up to 14V.
With the fully digital ChargeMode control, the ZL8802 will respond to a transient load step within a single switching cycle. This unique compensation-free modulation technique allows designs to meet transient specifications with minimum output capacitance, thus saving cost and board space.
Intersil’s proprietary single-wire Digital-DC™ (DDC) serial bus enables the ZL8802 to communicate between other Intersil digital power ICs. By using the DDC, the ZL8802 achieves complex functions such as inter-IC phase current balancing, sequencing, and fault spreading. This eliminates complicated power supply managers with numerous external discrete components.
The ZL8802 features fast output overcurrent protection. The input voltage, output voltages, and DrMOS/MOSFET driver supply voltages are overvoltage and undervoltage protected. Two external and one internal temperature sensors are available for temperature monitoring, one of which can be configured for under- and over-temperature protection. A snapshot parametric capture feature allows users to take a snapshot of operating and fault data during normal or fault conditions.
Integrated Low Dropout (LDO) regulators allow the ZL8802 to operate from a single input supply eliminating the need for additional linear regulators. The VDRV LDO output can be used to power external drivers or DrMOS devices.
With full PMBus compliance, the ZL8802 is capable of measuring and reporting input voltage, input current, output voltage, output current, as well as the device’s internal temperature, two external temperatures, and an auxiliary voltage or temperature input.
- Servers and storage equipment
- Telecom and datacom equipment
- Power supplies (memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)
|VIN (min) (V)||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|VIN (max) (V)||14||14||14||14|
|VOUT (min) (V)||0.54||0.54||0.54||0.54|
|VOUT (max) (V)||5.5||5.5||5.5||4|
|IOUT (max) (A)||>40||>40||>40||>40|
|IQ||26 mA||26 mA||26 mA||16 mA|
|Switching Freq. (min)||0.2 MHz||0.2 MHz||0.2 MHz||0.2 MHz|
|Switching Freq. (max)||1.33 MHz||1.33 MHz||1.33 MHz||1.4 MHz|
|Peak Efficiency (%)||94||94||94||94|
|Integrated MOSFET Driver(s)||No||No||No||No|
|Integrated Power Mgmt||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Dual Channel/Dual Phase PMBus ChargeMode Control DC/DC Digital Controller
25 May 2017
|25 May 2017||5.35 MB|
|PowerNavigator Software v5.4.19|
Use the PowerNavigator GUI to setup and configure supported digital power devices.
30 Mar 2017
|ZIP||30 Mar 2017||82.57 MB|
|Production Configuration Utility v5.4.19|
Production Configuration Utility software for quick loading and verification of config files into Intersil digital power controller/modules
02 Mar 2015
|ZIP||02 Mar 2015||82.63 MB|
|PowerNavigator User Guide for POL|
Setup and configure a point of load (POL) digital power device using Intersil's PowerNavigator GUI.
28 Oct 2016
|28 Oct 2016||7.14 MB|
|Production Configuration Utility User Guide|
User guide for production configuration utility software, version 5.3.45
28 Oct 2016
|28 Oct 2016||714 KB|
|PMBus Interface Install Guide - Win7 x86 and x64|
Intersil PMBus interface installation directions for Windows 7 x86 and x64.
20 Nov 2014
|20 Nov 2014||786 KB|
|ZLUSBEVAL3Z User Guide|
USB to PMBus Adapter
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||226 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|
|Digital-DC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)|
Digital-DC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
17 Nov 2014
|17 Nov 2014||194 KB|