- Operates from +5V Input
- 0.8V to VIN Output Range
- 0.8V Internal Reference
- ±1.5% Over Line Voltage and Temperature
- Drives N-Channel MOSFETs
- Simple Single-Loop Control Design
- Voltage-Mode PWM Control
- Fast Transient Response
- Lossless, Programmable Overcurrent Protection
- Uses Upper MOSFET's rDS(ON)
- Small Converter Size
- 300kHz Fixed Frequency Oscillator
- Internal Soft Start
- 8 Lead SOIC Package
- High Conversion Efficiency
- Synchronous/Standard Buck Configuration
The ISL6431 is a high efficiency, fixed frequency, synchronous buck PWM controller. It is designed for use in applications that convert 5V to lower distributed voltages required for set-top box, cable modem, DSL modem and residential home gateway core processor, memory and peripheral power supplies.
This device makes simple work out of implementing a complete control and protection scheme for a DC-DC stepdown converter. Designed to drive N-channel MOSFETs in a synchronous buck topology, the ISL6431 integrates the control, output adjustment, monitoring and protection functions into a single 8-pin package.
The ISL6431 provides simple, single feedback loop, voltagemode control with fast transient response. The output voltage can be precisely regulated to as low as 0.8V, with a maximum tolerance of ±1.5% over temperature and line voltage variations. A fixed frequency oscillator reduces design complexity, while balancing typical application cost and efficiency.
The error amplifier features a 15MHz gain-bandwidth product and 6V/µs slew rate which enables high converter bandwidth for fast transient performance. The resulting PWM duty cycles range from 0% to 100%.
Protection from overcurrent conditions is provided by monitoring the rDS(ON) of the upper MOSFET to inhibit PWM operation appropriately. This approach simplifies the implementation and improves efficiency by eliminating the need for a current sense resistor.
- Cable Modems, Set Top Boxes, and DSL Modems
- DSP and Core Communications Processor Supplies
- Power Supplies for Microprocessors and Embedded Controllers
- Memory Supplies
- Personal Computer Peripherals
- Industrial Power Supplies
- 5V-Input DC-DC Regulators
- Low-Voltage Distributed Power Supplies
Advanced Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) Controller for Home Gateways
17 Nov 2014
|17 Nov 2014||183 KB|
|ISL6431EVAL1 User Guide|
Embedded DC-DC Converters Using the ISL6431 PWM Controller ICs
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||766 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|