- Dual voltage detection and reset assertion
- Standard reset threshold settings See Selection table on page 2.
- Adjust low voltage reset threshold voltages using special programming sequence
- Reset signal valid to VCC = 1V
- Monitor three voltages or detect power fail
- Independent Core Voltage Monitor (V2MON)
- Fault detection register
- Selectable power-on reset timeout (0.05s, 0.2s, 0.4s, 0.8s)
- Selectable watchdog timer interval (25ms, 200ms,1.4s, off)
- Low power CMOS
- 25µA typical standby current, watchdog on
- 6µA typical standby current, watchdog off
- 4Kbits of EEPROM
- 16 byte page write mode
- 5ms write cycle time (typical)
- Built-in inadvertent write protection
- Power-up/power-down protection circuitry
- Block lock protect none or 1/2 of EEPROM
- 400kHz 2-wire interface
- 2.7V to 5.5V power supply operation
- Available packages
- 8-lead SOIC, TSSOP
- Monitor Voltages: 5V to 0.9V
- Memory Security
- Independent Core Voltage Monitor
The X40410/11/14/15 combines power-on reset control, watchdog timer, supply voltage supervision, and secondary voltage supervision, and Block Lock™ protect serial EEPROM in one package. This combination lowers system cost, reduces board space requirements, and increases reliability.
Applying voltage to VCC activates the power-on reset circuit which holds RESET/RESET active for a period of time.
Low VCC detection circuitry protects the user's system from low voltage conditions, resetting the system when VCC falls below the minimum VTRIP1 point. RESET/RESET is active until VCC returns to proper operating level and stabilizes. A second voltage monitor circuit tracks the unregulated supply to provide a power fail warning or monitors different power supply voltage. Three common low voltage combinations are available, however, Intersil's unique circuits allows the threshold for either voltage monitor to be reprogrammed to meet special needs or to fine-tune the threshold for applications requiring higher precision.
The Watchdog Timer provides an independent protection mechanism for microcontrollers. When the microcontroller fails to restart a timer within a selectable time out interval, the device activates the WDO signal. The user selects the interval from three preset values. Once selected, the interval does not change, even after cycling the power.
The memory portion of the device is a CMOS Serial EEPROM array with Intersil's Block Lock protection. The array is internally organized as x 8. The device features a 2-wire interface and software protocol allowing operation on an I2C® bus.
The device utilizes Intersil's proprietary Direct Write™ cell, providing a minimum endurance of 100,000 cycles and a minimum data retention of 100 years.
- Communication Equipment
- Routers, Hubs, Switches
- Disk Arrays, Network Storage
- Industrial Systems
- Process Control
- Intelligent Instrumentation
- Computer Systems
- Network Servers
|X40410, X40411, X40414, X40415 Datasheet|
4kbit EEPROM Dual Voltage Monitor with Integrated CPU Supervisor
29 Jul 2015
|29 Jul 2015||410 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|
|How Green is Your Cloud?|
05 May 2015
|05 May 2015||275 KB|