- Adjustable Delay to Subsequent Enable Signal
- Adjustable Delay to Sequence Auto Start
- Adjustable Distributed Voltage Monitoring
- Under and Overvoltage Adjustable Delay to Auto Start Sequence
- I/O Options ENABLE (ISL8700, ISL8702, ISL8702A, ISL8704) and ENABLE# (ISL8701, ISL8703, ISL8705) SEQ_EN (ISL8702, ISL8702A, ISL8703) and SEQ_EN# (ISL8704, ISL8705)
- Voltage Compliance Fault Output
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
The ISL8700, ISL8701, ISL8702, ISL8702A, ISL8703, ISL8704, ISL8705 family of ICs provide four delay adjustable sequenced outputs while monitoring an input voltage all with a minimum of external components.
High performance DSP, FPGA, µP and various subsystems require input power sequencing for proper functionality at initial power up and the ISL870X provides this function while monitoring the distributed voltage for over and undervoltage compliance.
The ISL8700 and ISL8701 operate over the +2.5V to +24V nominal voltage range, whereas the ISL8702 operates over the 2.5V to +12V range. All three have a user adjustable time from UV and OV voltage compliance to sequencing start via an external capacitor when in auto start mode and adjustable time delay to subsequent ENABLE output signal via external resistors.
Additionally, ISL8702A, ISL8703, ISL8704 and ISL8705 provide I/O for sequencing on and off operation (SEQ_EN) and for voltage window compliance reporting (FAULT) over the +2.5V to +24V voltage range. The ISL8702 also has this feature but operates over the 2.5V to +12V range.
Easily daisy chained for more than 4 sequenced signals.
Altogether, the ISL870X provides these adjustable features with a minimum of external BOM. See Figure 1 for typical implementation.
- Power Supply Sequencing
- System Timing Function
|AN1681: Grounding Techniques|
30 Jan 2018
|30 Jan 2018||496 KB|
|AN1684: Nonideality of Ground|
Nonideality of Ground
30 Jan 2018
|30 Jan 2018||392 KB|
|ISL8700, ISL8701, ISL8702 Datasheet|
Adjustable Quad Sequencer
24 Oct 2017
|24 Oct 2017||651 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|
|How Green is Your Cloud?|
05 May 2015
|05 May 2015||275 KB|