- Drives Two N-Channel MOSFETs
- Adaptive Shoot-Through Protection
- 25V Operation voltage
- Supports High Switching Frequency
- Fast Output Rise Time
- Propagation Delay 30ns
- Small 8 Lead SOIC Package
- Dual Gate-Drive Voltages for the Lower MOSFET for Optimal Efficiency
- Three-State Input for Output Stage Shutdown
- Supply Under Voltage Protection
- 5V or 12V Drive for the Lower MOSFET
The ISL6205 is a high-voltage, high-frequency, dual MOSFET driver specifically designed to drive two N-Channel power MOSFETs in a synchronous rectified buck converter topology in mobile computing applications. This driver combined with an ISL6223 or other Intersil Multiphase Buck PWM controllers forms a complete single-stage core-voltage regulator solution for advanced mobile microprocessors.
The ISL6205 allows users to select a gate voltage ranging from 5V to 12V for the lower MOSFET in the synchronous rectified buck converter. Using a 12V gate voltage reduces the RDS(ON) and the conduction loss in the MOSFET. The upper gate is required to run at 5V.
The ISL6205 features a three-state PWM input that, working together with any Intersil multiphase PWM controllers, will prevent a negative transient on the output voltage when the output is being shut down. This feature eliminates the schottky diode that is usually seen in a microprocessor power system for protecting the microprocessor from any reversed output voltage damage.
The output drivers in the ISL6205 have the capacity to efficiently switch power MOSFETs at frequencies up to 2MHz. Each driver is capable of driving a 3000pF load with a 30ns propagation delay and 50ns transition time. This product implements bootstrapping on the upper gate, reducing implementation complexity and allowing the use of higher performance, cost effective, N-Channel MOSFETs. Adaptive shoot-through protection is integrated to prevent both MOSFETs from conducting simultaneously.
- Core Voltage Supplies for Intel Mobile Pentium® III, AMD® Mobile Athlon™ or Duron™ Microprocessors
- High Frequency Low Profile DC-DC Converters
- High Current Low Voltage DC-DC Converters
- High Input Voltage DC-DC Converters
|AN1116: Elantec CMOS applications|
CMOS Applications Information
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||231 KB|
High Voltage Synchronous Rectified Buck MOSFET Driver
17 Nov 2014
|17 Nov 2014||179 KB|
|TB447: Guidelines for Preventing Boot-to-Phase Stress on Half-Bridge MOSFET Driver ICs|
Guidelines for Preventing Boot-to-Phase Stress on Half-Bridge MOSFET Driver ICs
19 Nov 2014
|19 Nov 2014||137 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|