- Drives Four N-channel MOSFETs
- Adaptive Shoot-Through Protection
- Internal Bootstrap Devices
- Supports High Switching Frequency
- Fast Output Rise Time
- Propagation Delay 30ns
- Small 14-Lead SOIC Package
- Smaller 16-Lead QFN Thermally Enhanced Package
- 5V to 12V Gate-Drive Voltages for Optimal Efficiency
- Three-State Input for Bridge Shutdown
- Supply Under-Voltage Protection
The HIP6602A is a high frequency, two power channel MOSFET driver specifically designed to drive four power N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous rectified buck converter topology. This device is available in either a 14 lead SOIC or a 16 lead QFN package with a PAD to thermally enhance the package. These drivers combined with a HIP63xx or ISL65xx series of Multiphase Buck PWM controllers and MOSFETs form a complete core voltage regulator solution for advanced microprocessors.
The HIP6602A drives both upper and lower gates over a range of 5V to 12V. This drive-voltage flexibility provides the advantage of optimizing applications involving trade-offs between switching losses and conduction losses.
The output drivers in the HIP6602A have the capacity to efficiently switch power MOSFETs at high frequencies. Each driver is capable of driving a 3000pF load with a 30ns propagation delay and 50ns transition time. This device implements bootstrapping on the upper gates with only a single external capacitor required for each power channel. This reduces implementation complexity and allows the use of higher performance, cost effective, N-Channel MOSFETs. Adaptive shoot-through protection is integrated to prevent both MOSFETs from conducting simultaneously.
- Core Voltage Supplies for Intel Pentium® III and AMD® Athlon™ Microprocessors.
- High Frequency Low Profile DC-DC Converters
- High Current Low Voltage DC-DC Converters
|AN1116: Elantec CMOS applications|
CMOS Applications Information
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||231 KB|
Dual Channel Synchronous Rectified Buck MOSFET Driver
14 Nov 2014
|14 Nov 2014||247 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|