- No External Diode Needed Over Entire Temperature Range
- Pin Compatible With ICL7660
- Simple Conversion of +15V Supply to -15V Supply
- Simple Voltage Multiplication (VOUT = (-)nVIN)
- 99.9% Typical Open Circuit Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- 96% Typical Power Efficiency
- Wide Operating Voltage Range 4.5V to 20.0V
- Easy to Use - Requires Only 2 External Non-Critical Passive Components
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
The Intersil ICL7662 is a monolithic high-voltage CMOS power supply circuit which offers unique performance ad- vantages over previously available devices. The ICL7662 performs supply voltage conversion from positive to negative for an input range of +4.5V to +20.0V, resulting in complementary output voltages of -4.5V to -20V. Only 2 noncritical external capacitors are needed for the charge pump and charge reservoir functions. The ICL7662 can also function as a voltage doubler, and will generate output voltages up to +38.6V with a +20V input.
Contained on chip are a series DC power supply regulator, RC oscillator, voltage level translator, four output power MOS switches. A unique logic element senses the most negative voltage in the device and ensures that the output N-Channel switch source-substrate junctions are not forward biased. This assures latchup free operation.
The oscillator, when unloaded, oscillates at a nominal frequency of 10kHz for an input supply voltage of 15.0V. This frequency can be lowered by the addition of an external capacitor to the "OSC" terminal, or the oscillator may be overdriven by an external clock.
The "LV" terminal may be tied to GROUND to bypass the internal series regulator and improve low voltage (LV) operation. At medium to high voltages (+10V to +20V), the LV pin is left floating to prevent device latchup.