- Industrial Temperature Range of -40°C to +85°C
also Available – see ISL6185XXI
- 2.5V to 5V Operating Range
- 71mΩ Integrated Power P-channel MOSFET Switches
- Continuous Current Options for 0.6A, 1.1A, 1.5A and 1.8A
- Thermally Insensitive 12ms of Current Limiting Prior to Turn-Off
- Output Discharges with Reverse Current Blocking When Disabled
- Latch-off or Auto Restart Options
- 1µA Off-State Supply Current
- Enable Polarity Options
- Industry-standard Pin for Pin SOIC, and Smaller DFN Packages Available
- UL Recognized, File Number: E333469
The ISL6185 USB power controller family provides fully independent overcurrent (OC) fault protection for two or more USB ports.
This product family consists of sixteen individual functional product variants and three package options. It is operation rated for a nominal +2.5V to +5V range and is specified over the full commercial and industrial temperature ranges.
Each ISL6185 type incorporates in a single package two 71mΩ P-channel MOSFET power switches for power control. Each features internal current monitoring, accurate current limiting, and current limited delay to turn-off, for system supply protection along with control and communication I/O.
The ISL6185 family offers product variants with specified continuous output current levels of 0.6A, 1.1A, 1.5A or 1.8A; enable active high or low inputs; and latch off or automatic retry after overcurrent turn-off, making these devices well suited for many low-power applications.
This family of ICs is offered in an industry-standard SOIC pinout and also in the 70% smaller 3x3 DFN packages providing similar or enhanced performance in the smallest possible package.
- USB 1, 2, 3 Port Power Management
- Low Power (18W) Electronic Circuit Limiting and Breaker
|# of Outputs||2||2||1||1|
|VBIAS (min)||2.5 V||2.5 V||2.5 V||2.5 V|
|VBIAS (max)||5.5 V||5.5 V||5.5 V||5.5 V|
|Controlled Voltages (V)||+2.5 to +5.5||+2.5 to +5.5||2.5 to 5.5||+2.5 to +5.5|
|Regulation or Latch-Off for Overcurrent||Current Regulation (0.6A , 1.1A, 1.5A, 1.8A)||Current Regulation (0.6A , 1.1A, 1.5A, 1.8A)||Current Regulation (2A)||Current Regulation (1.5A, 3A, 3.6A)|
|rDS(ON)||71 mΩ||71 mΩ||50 mΩ||45 mΩ|
|Reporting||FAULT-bar for OC||FAULT-bar for OC||Fault-bar for OC Latch-Off||FAULT-bar for OC, Unique in class PGOOD Output|
|UV/OV Feature||UV Lockout||UV Lockout||UV Lockout||UV Lockout|
|AN1652: iSim:PE Users Guide|
iSim:PE User’s Guide
09 Aug 2017
|09 Aug 2017||2.09 MB|
Dual USB Port Power Supply Controller
17 Nov 2014
|17 Nov 2014||775 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|
|How Green is Your Cloud?|
05 May 2015
|05 May 2015||275 KB|