Digital Multiphase Controllers & Smart Power Stage for 10A‑450A Solutions
Intersil's ISL99227 60A smart power stage and ISL681xx and ISL691xx digital multiphase PWM controllers support demanding CPU core voltages, memory, and auxiliary power rails, enabling power designers to customize their solution to meet any rail requirements. When used together they can provide a scalable solution from 10A to 450A. The result is enhanced power optimization and more energy-efficient networking and communications infrastructure equipment.
- Input range: +4.5V to +18V
- Supports 60A DC current
- ISL99227 with 3.3V compatible tri-state PWM input
- ISL99227B with 5.0V compatible tri-state PWM input
- Downslope current sensing
- ±3% accuracy current monitor (IMON) with REFIN input
- 8mV/°C temperature monitor with OT flag
- Dedicated low-side FET control input
- Comprehensive fault protection for high system reliability
- High-side FET short and overcurrent protection
- Over-temperature protection
- VCC and VIN Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Open-drain fault reporting output
- Up to 2MHz switching frequency
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant), 32 Ld 5x5 PQFN
The ISL99227 and ISL99227B are Smart Power Stage (SPS) compatible with Intersil’s ISL68xxx/69xxx Digital Multiphase (DMP) controllers and phase doubler (ISL6617A), respectively. The ISL99227 and ISL99227B have integrated high accuracy current and temperature monitors that can be fed back to the controller and doubler to complete a multiphase DC/DC system. They simplify design and increase performance by eliminating the DCR sensing network and associated thermal compensation. Light-load efficiency is supported via a dedicated LFET control pin. An industry leading thermally enhanced 5x5 PQFN package allows minimal overall PCB real estate.
The ISL99227 and ISL99227B feature a 3.3V compatible, 5.0V compatible tri-state PWM input that, working together with Intersil’s multiphase PWM controllers, provide a robust solution in the event of abnormal operating conditions. The ISL99227 and ISL99227B also improve system performance and reliability with integrated fault protection of UVLO, over-temperature, and overcurrent. An open-drain fault reporting pin simplifies the handshake between SPS and Intersil controllers and can be used to disable the controller during start-up and fault conditions.
- High frequency and high efficiency VRM and VRD
- Core, graphic, and memory regulators for microprocessors
- High density VR for server, networking, and cloud computing
- POL DC/DC converters and video gaming consoles
2016 Product of the Year -- Electronic Products
The Intersil Digital Multiphase Controllers were recognized as one of the best products in the electronics industry.
Read more »
2016 Product of the Year -- Electronic Products China/21ic.com
The Intersil Digital Multiphase Controllers were recognized for innovation and significant technology advancement.
Read more »
2017 Elektra Awards - Best Power Product
The Digital Multiphase Controller family was recognized again this year for making the Elektra Awards shortlist as a Finalist for Best Power Product in the electronics industry.
Read more »
|IOUT (max) (A)||60||60|
|VBIAS (V)||5V ±5%||5V ±5%|
|VIN (min) (V)||4.5||4.5|
|VIN (max) (V)||18||18|
|Switching Freq. (max)||2 MHz||2 MHz|
|ISL99227, ISL99227B Datasheet|
Smart Power Stage (SPS) Module with Integrated High Accuracy Current and Temperature Monitors
30 Oct 2017
|30 Oct 2017||881 KB|
|TB363: Guidelines for Handling and Processing Moisture Sensitive Surface Mount Devices (SMDs)|
Guidelines for Handling and Processing Moisture Sensitive Surface Mount Devices (SMDs)
23 Oct 2017
|23 Oct 2017||255 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|