Digital Multiphase Controllers & Smart Power Stage for 10A‑450A Solutions
Intersil's ISL681xx and ISL691xx digital multiphase PWM controllers provide up to seven phases that are assignable in any combination across two outputs. They combine with smart power stages, like the ISL99227, to provide a scalable solution from 10A to 450A. The result is enhanced power optimization and more energy-efficient networking and communications infrastructure equipment.
Intersil's easy-to-use PowerNavigator™ GUI software supports the ISL681xx and ISL691xx products. PowerNavigator connects to development boards communicating across PMBus and AVSBus, allowing engineers to set up and control all parameters, optimize efficiency via precise current thresholds for adding/dropping phases, and adjust the loop tuning.
Key Differences in Family
|Product||Phase Configuration Output X/Output Y||AMD VR Specification Supported||Package||Datashort
(Datasheet is Restricted)
|ISL69144||X+Y ≤ 4||SVI2||TQFN 40 Ld, 5x5mm||isl69144.pdf|
|ISL69147||X+Y ≤ 7||SVI2||QFN 48 Ld, 6x6mm||isl69147.pdf|
- Advanced linear digital modulation scheme
- Zero latency synthetic current control for excellent high frequency current balance
- Auto phase add/drop for excellent load vs efficiency profile
- Excellent DVID performance
- Dual edge modulation for faster transient response
- Up to 1MHz operation for high density designs
- Diode braking for overshoot reduction
- Diode emulation for enhanced light-load efficiency
- Differential remote voltage sensing supports ±0.5% closed-loop system accuracy over load, line, and temperature
- Highly accurate current sensing for excellent load line regulation and accurate OCP
- Supports ISL99227 60A smart power stages
- Supports DCR sense with integrated temperature compensation
- Supports phase doubler (ISL6617A) for up to 14-phase operation
- Comprehensive fault management enables high reliability systems
- Pulse-by-pulse phase current limiting
- Total output current protection
- Output and input OV/UV protection
- Open voltage sense detect
- Black box recording capability for faults
- Configurable catastrophic failure flag output (CFP)
- Intuitive configuration using PowerNavigator
- SMBus/PMBus v1.3 compatible
- Up to 2MHz bus interface
- NVM to store up to eight configurations
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
The ISL69147 is a digital dual output, multiphase PWM controller designed to be compliant with AMD SVI2 specifications. The digital multiphase controller can be configured to support any desired phase assignments up to a maximum of seven phases across the two outputs (X and Y). For example, 6+1, 5+2, 4+2, 3+3, 3+2, or even a single output operation as a 7+0 configuration are supported. The ISL69147, with a flexible X+Y ≤ 7 phase assignment, supports the SVI2 interface and the PMBus v1.3 interface, making it ideal for controlling the microprocessor core, memory, and system rails for AMD SVI2 based platforms.
The ISL69147 uses Intersil’s proprietary digital linear synthetic current modulation scheme to achieve the industry’s best combination of transient response and ease of tuning while addressing the challenges of powering the latest generation of AMD microprocessors. Configuration is accomplished through Intersil’s intuitive PowerNavigator™ GUI. Diode emulation and automatic phase add/drop features allow the user to extract maximum efficiency from the converter regardless of load conditions.
The ISL69147 supports a comprehensive fault management system to enable the design of highly reliable systems. From an overcurrent protection scheme including peak and average detection, to the configurable power-good and catastrophic fault protection flags, almost any need is accommodated.
With minimal external components, the ability to store eight configurations, robust fault management, and highly accurate regulation capability, implementing a high performance multiphase regulator has never been easier.
- Core and graphics for AMD SVI2 based processors
- High performance servers core rail
- High performance graphic rail
- High-end desktop with overclocking option
- Networking, data center, storage, and general purpose
2016 Product of the Year -- Electronic Products
The Intersil Digital Multiphase Controllers were recognized as one of the best products in the electronics industry.
Read more »
2016 Product of the Year -- Electronic Products China/21ic.com
The Intersil Digital Multiphase Controllers were recognized for innovation and significant technology advancement.
Read more »
2017 Elektra Awards - Best Power Product
The Digital Multiphase Controller family was recognized again this year for making the Elektra Awards shortlist as a Finalist for Best Power Product in the electronics industry.
Read more »
|Max # of Outputs||2||2||2||2|
|Max # of Phases||7||4||7||7|
|VIN (min) (V)||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|VIN (max) (V)||25||25||25||25|
|VOUT (min) (V)||0||0||0||0|
|VOUT (max) (V)||3.05||3.05||3.05||3.05|
|IOUT (max) (A)||450||240||450||450|
|VBIAS (V)||3.3V ±5%||3.3V ±5%||3.3V ±5%||3.3V ±5%|
|Applications||Core and graphic for AMD SVI2 based processor, High performance servers core rail, High performance graphic rail, High-end desktop with overclocking option, Networking, data center, storage and GP||Core and graphic for AMD SVI2 based processor, High performance servers core rail, High performance graphic rail, High-end desktop with overclocking option, Networking, data center, storage and GP||Networking equipment, Telecom/datacom equipment, Server/storage equipment, Point-of-load power supply (Memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)||Networking equipment, Telecom/datacom equipment, Server/storage equipment, Point-of-load power supply (Memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)|
|ISL69147 Data Short|
Digital Dual Output 7-Phase AMD PWM Controller
11 Dec 2017
|11 Dec 2017||172 KB|
|PowerNavigator Software v5.4.19|
Use the PowerNavigator GUI to setup and configure supported digital power devices.
30 Mar 2017
|ZIP||30 Mar 2017||82.57 MB|
|Production Configuration Utility v5.4.19|
Production Configuration Utility software for quick loading and verification of config files into Intersil digital power controller/modules
02 Mar 2015
|ZIP||02 Mar 2015||82.63 MB|
|PowerNavigator User Guide for Digital Multiphase|
Setup and configure a digital multiphase power device using Intersil's PowerNavigator GUI version 5.3.45 or later.
28 Oct 2016
|28 Oct 2016||5.91 MB|
|Production Configuration Utility User Guide|
User guide for production configuration utility software, version 5.3.45
28 Oct 2016
|28 Oct 2016||714 KB|
|Five Easy Steps to Create a Multi-Load Power Solution|
30 Jan 2017
|30 Jan 2017||502 KB|
|Powering IoT Infrastructure Systems with Digital Multiphase|
Examine the evolution of multiphase converter architecture from analog to digital implementations, and compare various control mode schemes.
16 Nov 2016
|16 Nov 2016||449 KB||deutsch|