- Complete triple programmable laser diode driver
- 800mA maximum output current per channel
- 1200mA peak output current per channel
- Ganging of multiple channels as well as multiple chips can be done to meet the highest current demands
- ISL58303 has all N-MOS output channels (IOUT1, IOUT2 and IOUT3) for common anode laser diode configurations
- Independent output channel enable
- Programmable threshold DACs and color DACs for each channel
- Supports High Frequency Modulation (HFM) that switches all 3 outputs in unison producing pulse widths of less than 1ns.
- Fast SPI serial interface
- Space saving package: 24 Ld 4mmx4mm TQFN
The ISL58303 is a high-speed triple output laser diode driver designed to support color field sequential laser light source Pico projection modules. Outputs can be ganged together to achieve peak total current greater than 3.6A. Output channels are designed with independent programmable bias and threshold adjustment to support a wide range of laser diode manufacturers. The ISL58303 offers exceptional power efficiency and a high degree of system integration allowing a compact and cost effective system design.
To assist with reduction of laser speckle, this laser diode driver has a high frequency modulation input to modulate laser pulses. This can be used to achieve outputs pulses of less than 1ns.
Interface to the system is accomplished via a high-speed serial bus that is made up of SEN, SCLK and SDIO. Initialization of internal registers after power-on reset, operational setup and laser intensity data for each output channel are communicated through this bus.
For laser operational safety, a hardware enable signal (CE) is ANDed with an internal register bit. Both have to be asserted to enable the device. This prevents an accidental fault causing an unwanted laser output.
- RGB color field sequential laser projection system
- Time of flight measurement systems
- High speed/high current laser diode systems
|Applications||RGB Color Field Sequential Laser Projection System, Hand Held Projector, Smart Phone||Laser-based Pico Projectors, RGB Scanning and Field-based laser projection systems, Generic laser-based applications requiring multiple, independently controlled lasers||Combination DVD, CD, and Blue Writable Drives, BD Camcorders, BD Video Recorders|
|AN1879: Attaching Loads to a High Current LDD Evaluation Board|
Attaching Loads to a High Current LDD Evaluation Board
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||254 KB|
|ISL58303 Data Short|
800mA Triple Output Laser Diode Driver
01 Sep 2016
|01 Sep 2016||97 KB|