- Direct drive for floating laser, or cathode grounded. Supports Red, Green or Blue laser
- Up to 1000mA maximum total output (ISRC) with 1.5ns typical tr/tf
- Up to 500mA maximum total output (ISNK) with 1ns typical tr/tf.
- 10-bit x 10-bit multiplying DAC output provides 10-bit full scale adjustment and 10-bit resolution at any full scale output
- ISLOPE input allows compensation for laser slope, ambient light, and sweep speed variation
- High-Speed SPI Serial input works up to 50MHz
- 10-bit Video Code capable of operating up to 100MHz pixel data rate
- Integrated Programmable HFM (High Frequency Modulation) for laser stabilization and speckle reduction
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
The ISL58214 is a highly integrated laser diode driver designed to support a laser beam scanning MEMS projector. Operating from a single 5V analog supply, it directly drives either a cathode-grounded laser, or a floating laser whose anode is connected to a high voltage supply. The ISL58214 is configured through a serial interface.
An integrated 10-bit high power DAC drives the selected laser. The desired current level can be scaled by a 10 bit DAC programmed through a serial interface or the ISLOPE pin to compensate for ambient brightness, speed variation or laser sensitivity change.
The CLK pin clocks in the data on the rising edge of CLK. The LOWP line gates the output off when HIGH.
- RGB Laser based Projector or Pico Projector
- Hand held Projector
- General Purpose Laser Diode Driver
- General Purpose High Current Driver/Controller
|Applications||RGB Laser based Projector or Pico Projector, Hand held Projector, General Purpose Laser Diode Driver, General Purpose High Current Driver/Controller||RGB Color Field Sequential Laser Projection System, Hand Held Projector, Smart Phone||Laser-based Pico Projectors, RGB Scanning and Field-based laser projection systems, Generic laser-based applications requiring multiple, independently controlled lasers||Combination DVD, CD, and Blue Writable Drives, BD Camcorders, BD Video Recorders|