- Complete ADSL differential driver and receiver
- 54VP-P output drive into 100Ω differential
- 50VP-P output drive into 50Ω differential
- Driver 2nd/3rd harmonics of -70dBc/-75dBc at 2VP-P into 100Ω
- Low supply current 12.5mA per drive amplifier and 5mA per receive amplifier
- Standard surface-mount package
The EL1502 is a complete transceiver solution for high speed data transmission over twisted pair wires. It contains two wideband, high-voltage drivers and two lownoise receive amplifiers. The EL1502 is ideally suited for both ADSL and HDSL2 applications, in which it can supply a 50VP-P signal into a 50Ω differential load while exhibiting very low distortion. The receive amplifiers also have very low distortion and low-noise for superior reception of small signals.
The line drivers of the EL1502 are current-feedback type amplifiers, which achieve a high slew rate while consuming moderate power. They retain their frequency response over a wide range of externally set gains. The receive amplifiers are of the voltage-feedback type and can be used to implement a hybrid coupler or filter functions using external passive components.
The EL1502 operates on ±5V to ±15V supplies. It retains its bandwidth and linearity over the complete supply range. The device is supplied in a standard form factor, 20-pin SOIC package. The eight center package pins of the package are used as ground connections and heat spreaders, allowing for operation over the full -40oC to +85oC temperature range.
- ADSL line driver
- HDSL2 line driver
- Video distribution amplifier