- Analog Video Decoder
- 8 CVBS analog inputs fed into 8 sets of video decoder accept all NTSC(M/N/4.43) / PAL(B/D/G/H/I/K/L/M/N/60) standards with auto detection
- Integrated video analog anti-aliasing filters and 10-bit CMOS ADCs for each video decoder
- High performance adaptive 4H comb filters for all NTSC/PAL standards
- IF compensation filter for improvement of color demodulation
- Color Transient Improvement (CTI)
- Automatic white peak control
- Programmable hue, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpness
- Proprietary fast video locking system for non-real-timeapplication
- Noise Reduction to remove impulse noise
- Digital Input Ports
- Two BT.656 ports at up to 108 MHz interfaced with 2 external TW2866s
- Byte-interleaving supports 4 channels multiplexing with each channel of interlaced D1 at 60/50 fps
- Two BT.1120 ports to support external HD video sources of 720P / 1080i / 1080p format at
74.25 / 148.5 MHz
- One cascade input supporting cascade of multiple TW5866 chips. This is pin shared with one playback port
- Per channel triple high performance down scalers of each channel scale independently for H.264, JPEG and preview output
- Per channel motion detector with 16 X 12 cells
- Per channel night / blind detections
- Per channel noise reduction and de-interlacing to convert Interlaced video into progressive before compression
- Per channel OSD for information overlay
- Single Box
- 1-bit per pixel text
- 2-bit per pixel text or mask
- 12-bit per pixel bitmap
- Digital Preview Ports
- Two BT.656 ports provides preview raw video output to external display processors
- Byte-Interleaving interlaced D1 for each port at 27 / 54 / 108 MHz
- Digital Playback Ports
- Playback video for external display chips
- Two BT.656 ports for multi-channel 8 D1 playback
- BT.656 Byte-Interleaving at 27 / 54 / 108 MHz
- BT.656 Frame / Field Interleaving w/ D1 / Quad CIF resolution at 27 / 54 / 108 MHz
- Two BT.1120 port for single channel 1440x960 / 1440x1152 / 720p / 1080i playback
TW5866 is a H.264 CODEC solution with integrated8-channel analog A/V decoders. TW5866 supports up to 9D1 of H.264 video encoding, 8D1 of H.264 video decoding, or 4D1 H.264 full duplex codec. In addition, TW5866 supports motion JPEG encoding and video preview through BT.656 interfaces and PCI interfaces. TW5866 can be used in low cost H.264 hardware compression PCI card to support either 8-channel with a single chip, or 16-channel with two chips. It can also work with two external TW2866 to support 16-CIF H.264 compression. TW5866 can also be used in embedded DVR applications as an AV front-end chip working with display mux capable SOCs.
TW5866 integrates 8 A/V decoders. It takes 8 CVBS analog inputs fed into eight internal high quality NTSC/PAL video decoders. In addition, it has 2 digital BT.656 / 1120 interfaces, running up to 108/148.5 MHz, capable of receiving up to 8 D1, 2 720P / 1080i / 1080p HD video sources. When used as D1 input, the digital interface takes multi-channel video signal from external video decoders,such as TW2866 / TW2867. This allows the TW5866 to support a total of 16 D1 video channels. All the SD / HD video streams are fed into H.264 encoder, MJPEG encoder for compression, and to PCI interface and digital 656 output interface for preview purposes. The H.264 decoded stream from the on-chip video decoder is fed through two BT.656 / 1120 playback interfaces to drive the external display processors. The BT.656 playback interfaces runs up to 108 MHz and is capable of delivering multi-channel byteinterleaving or field/frame interleaving format for total of 8 D1 playback channels.
TW5866 supports functions per channel, such as motion detection, night detection, and blind detection engine for channel alarm notification. It features triple scalers per channel for each of the H.264 encode, MJPEG, and PCI preview paths. Each of these scalers is independently configurable. TW5866 also features per channel OSDs and motion adaptive de-interlacer. TW5866 supports 8-channel of motion adaptive 2D de-interlacers and 2D noise reduction.
TW5866 integrates a H.264 baseline level 3 compliant encoder capable of performing up to either 9 D1 equivalent video encoding (225 fps for PAL and 270 fps for NTSC), 8 D1 decoding, 17 channel G.726 ADPCM hardware audio encoder with one channel for two way audio communication, and one channel ADPCM audio decoding. The H.264 video encoder supports dual-bitstream compression for both local storage and network streams. It also features a motion JPEG encoder for up to 25 frames per second shared among all video channels.
TW5866 provides a PCI interface for external CPU control and bitstream upload. The PCI interface runs at 33 or 66 MHz The external CPU can access the internal meta-data associated with each H.264 channel for video analytic purposes.