- 2.2V to 5.5V input
- 2.5A, 0.15Ω integrated AVDD boost FET
- 1.2A integrated boost for up to 37.5V VGH with temperature compensation
- LDO able to deliver 360mA
- Adjustable boost switching frequency from 310kHz to 1.2MHz
- Integrated high output current VCOM amplifier
- DVR (digital variable resistor)
- Wiper position stored in 7-bit nonvolatile memory and recalled on power-up
- Endurance, 1,000 data changes per bit
- UVLO, OVP, OCP, and OTP protection
- 28 Ld, 4x5mm TQFN package
- Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
The ISL98665 is an integrated power management IC (PMIC) for TFT-LCDs used in notebooks, tablet PCs, and monitors. The device integrates a boost converter for generating AVDD, an LDO for VLOGIC, and a second boost converter for VGH. VGL is generated by a charge pump driven by the switch node of the AVDD boost. The ISL98665 also includes a high performance VCOM amplifier and a VCOM calibrator, with integrated EEPROM.
The AVDD boost converter features a 2.5AFET with adjustable switching frequency ranging from 310kHz to 1.2MHz. The soft-start time and compensation are adjustable by external components.
VGH boost converter features a 1.2A FET and temperature compensation.
The LDO is able to deliver 360mA for driving the voltage rail required by external digital circuitry.
The ISL98665 provides a 7-bit resolution, current sink VCOMcalibrator with I2C interface, and a VCOM amplifier. The output of the VCOM is powered up with the voltage at the last programmed EEPROM setting.
- LCD Notebook, Tablet, and Monitor
|VIN (min) (V)||2.2||2.3||2.5||3|
|VIN (max) (V)||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5|
|VBOOST (min)||0 V||0 V||5.5 V|
|VBOOST (max)||37.5 V||15 V||20 V|
|Boost Current Limit (A)||1.2||1.5||2|
|VOFF/VN (min) (V)||-15||-10||-15|
|VOFF/VN (max) (V)||15||0||0|
|VLOGIC (min) (V)||1.2||0.8||1.2|
|VLOGIC (max) (V)||5.5||VIN||3.3|
|# of VCOM||1||1||N/A|
|# of Gamma||0||0||N/A|
|Features||UVLO, OVP, OCP, and OTP protection, Digital Varable Resistor (DVR), VCOM Amp||UVLO, UVP, OVP, OCP, and OTP Protection||Start-up sequencing (exc. VLOGIC), fault protection|