- Wide Supply Voltage Range of 3.0V to 5.5V
- I2C dimming control input
- PWM dimming can be synchronized to an external source or set by an internal, adjustable oscillator.
- 8 channel dimming allows the user to balance the brightness of the CCFL lamps via I2C control
- User programmable fault time out
- User Programmable Fault Time Out
- I2C Status Output
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
ISL6884 controls Pulse Width Modulated Dimming for up to 8 inverters to supply power to up to 40 Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL) for back lighting in large LCD displays.
The ISL6884 brightness controller provides an I2C interface for dimming control, enable, status, and brightness balance. The duty cycle of all 8 DPWM outputs is adjusted with a Master Brightness Control register. The duty cycle of each of the 8 DPWM outputs can be offset from the master brightness to adjust for uniform brightness.
The PWM dimming frequency can be set by an internal, adjustable oscillator or synchronized to an external source to minimize interference with video.
ISL6884's slave address is:
1101_1111 for reading
1101_1110 for writing
|# of LEDs/Tubes||32|