- 140MSPS and 170MSPS maximum conversion rates
- Glitchless Macrovision®-compliant sync separator
- Extremely fast recovery from VCR head switching
- Low PLL clock jitter (250ps peak-to-peak @ 170MSPS)
- 64 interpixel sampling positions
- 0.35VP-P to 1.4VP-P video input range
- Programmable bandwidth (100MHz to 780MHz)
- RGB 4:4:4 and YUV 4:2:2 output formats
- Low power (535mW @ 170MSPS)
- Small 10mmx10mm 72 Ld QFN package
- Completely independent 8-bit gain/10-bit offset control
- Pb-free (RoHS Compliant)
The ISL98002 3-Channel, 8-bit Analog Front End (AFE) contains all the functions necessary to digitize analog YPbPr video signals and RGB graphics signals from DVD players, digital VCRs, video set-top boxes, and personal computers. This product family's conversion rates support HDTV resolutions up to 1080p and PC monitor resolutions up to UXGA, while the front end's programmable input bandwidth ensures sharp, clear images at all resolutions.
To maximize performance with the widest variety of video sources, the ISL98002 features a fast-responding digital PLL (DPLL), providing extremely low jitter with PC graphics signals and quick recovery from VCR head switching with video signals. Integrated HSYNC and SOG processing eliminate the need for external slicers, sync separators, Schmitt triggers, and filters.
Glitchless, automatic Macrovision®- compliance is obtained by a digital Macrovision® detection function that detects and automatically removes Macrovision® from the HSYNC signal.
Ease of use is also emphasized with features such as the elimination of PLL charge pump current/VCO range programming and single-bit switching between RGB and YPbPr signals. Automatic Black Level Compensation (ABLC™) eliminates part-to-part offset variation, ensuring perfect black level performance in every application.
- Digital TVs
- Multifunction Monitors
- Digital KVM
- RGB Graphics Processing
|Max Conv Rate (MSPS)||170||170||140||170|
|Typical PLL Jitter (p-p)||250||250||250||250|
|Auto Phase Adjust||No||No||No||No|
|Typ Power Dissipation at Max Conversion Rate||535 mW||1030 mW||950 mW||1050 mW|