- 128-Step Adjustable Sink Current Output
- 2.6V to 3.6V Logic Supply Voltage Operating Range
- 4.5V to 20V Analog Supply Voltage Range
- Rewritable EEPROM for storing the optimum VCOM value
- Output Adjustment Enable/Disable Control
- Output Guaranteed Monotonic Over-Temperature
- Two Pin Adjustment, Programming and Enable
- Ultra Thin 8 Ld 3mmx3mm DFN (0.8mm max)
- Pb-free available (RoHS compliant)
The VCOM voltage of an LCD panel needs to be adjusted to remove flicker. The ISL45042A can be used to digitally adjust a panel's VCOM voltage by controlling its output sink current. The output of the ISL45042A is connected to an external voltage divider and an external VCOM buffer amplifier. In this application, the user can control the VCOM voltage with 7-Bit accuracy (128 steps). Once the desired VCOM setting is obtained, the settings can be stored in the non-volatile EEPROM memory, which would then be automatically recalled during every power-up.
The VCOM adjustment and non-volatile memory programming is through a single interface pin (CTL). Once the desired programmed value is obtained the Counter Enable pin (CE) can be used to prevent further adjustment or programming.
The full-scale sink current of the ISL45042A is set using an external resistor connected to the SET pin. The full-scale sink current determines the lowest voltage of the external voltage divider.
The ISL45042A is available in an 8 Ld 3mmx3mm TDFN package with a maximum thickness of 0.8mm for ultra thin LCD panel design.
- LCD Panels
|ISL45042EVAL1Z User Guide|
ISL45042EVAL1Z User’s Manual
05 Mar 2018
|05 Mar 2018||416 KB|
|AN1694: The Four Basic Building Blocks of an Op Amp|
The Four Basic Building Blocks of an Op Amp
25 Jan 2018
|25 Jan 2018||348 KB|
LCD Module Calibrator
01 Nov 2017
|01 Nov 2017||437 KB|