- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
- Class AB 941mW Stereo BTL Speaker Amplifiiers
- Single Supply Operation +2.7V to +5.5V
- THD+N at 1kHz, 800mW into 8Ω 0.4%
- THD+N at 1kHz, 941mW into 8Ω 1%
- Low Power Shutdown
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- "Click and Pop" Suppression Circuitry
- 2:1 Stereo Input Mux (ISL54001, ISL54002)
- Mixing of Two Stereo Inputs (ISL54002)
- TTL Logic-Compatible
- Available in 20 Ld 4x4 Thin QFN
The Intersil ISL54000, ISL54001, ISL54002 family of devices are integrated audio power amplifier systems that combine stereo BTL 8Ω amplifiers in a single package. The devices are designed to operate from a single +2.7V to +5V power supply. All devices are offered in a 20 Ld 4x4 thin QFN package. Targeted applications include handheld equipment such as cell-phones, MP3 players, and games/toys.
The ISL54000, ISL54001, ISL54002 parts contain two class AB bridge-tied (BTL) type power amplifiers for driving stereo 8Ω speakers. Each BTL is capable of delivering 800mW (typ) with 0.4% THD+N and 941mW (typ) with 1% THD+N of continuous average power into an 8Ω BTL speaker load when using a 5V supply.
The ISL54001 and ISL54002 feature a 2:1 stereo input multiplexer front-end. This allows selection between two stereo sources. In addition the ISL54002 has the capability of mixing the stereo inputs.
All devices in this family feature low power shutdown, thermal overload protection and click/pop suppression. The click and pop circuitry eliminates audible transients during audio source changes and transitioning in and out of shutdown.
- Battery powered, Handheld, and Portable Equipment
- Cellular/mobile Phones
- PDA's, MP3 Players, DVD Players, Cameras
- Laptops, Notebooks, Palmtops
- Handheld Games and Toys
- Desktop Computers
|Amplifier Type||Class AB|
|# of Devices/Configuration||2/BTL|
|# of Stereo Inputs||2|
|THD+N BTL 8Ω @ 800mW (%)||0.4|
|POUT BTL 8Ω @ 1%THD (mW)||941|
|IDD Current||4.6 mA|
|SHDN ICC||28 µA|
|VS (min)||2.7 V|
|VS (max)||5.5 V|