Personal Information Collection — What, When, Why
Generally, when you visit our website and request information, you remain anonymous. There are times when we will ask for additional information or require you to be registered to enter a specific area on our website. The key tenets of our information policy include the following:
- Whenever additional information is requested, we will explain how this information will be used.
- The information form will clearly indicate which information we require and which is optional.
- When you register, we will provide the opportunity to accept or decline subscriptions to newsletters, contests or other special offers. Each message from Intersil will have complete information on how to unsubscribe to that particular communication series.
- We will provide you with the capability to unsubscribe or change, modify or delete your information from our database.
Protecting Your Information
We will take the necessary steps to protect your data.
- When sensitive information (such as credit card information in order to make a purchase) is forwarded to us, we will take reasonable steps to protect it such as encrypting the card number.
- We will also take steps to secure your information while in storage at Intersil.
- We will not share your information with anyone outside Intersil Corporation or with a third party with the exception of our Business Partners such as those with whom we contract to deliver specific services to you. Services these Business Partners could include, among others, customer support and shipping of a requested or purchased item.
- There are links from our website to other websites with which we have no operating agreement and over which we do not have control. Please consult the Privacy Statements of these other websites to learn more about their policies.
- If you are not a registered user, cookies may be assigned to provide to us information concerning the interest in our visitors in specific areas. This information can allow us to better understand navigation paths, sequences of information gathering, etc which will allow us to create a more efficient and pleasurable visit for you in the future. Cookies are also used in accordance with our Google remarketing programs explained below.
- For registered users, cookies may be used to gather information to recognize you during your next visit, to provide relevant information based upon previous visits and to provide easy access into certain areas of our website.
Cookies can be disabled in your browser and, if you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to access most of our websites.
This Website Uses Google Adwords
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.