- High-speed (480Mbps) and full-speed (12Mbps) signaling capability per USB 2.0
- 1.8V logic compatible (2.7V to +3.6V supply)
- OE/ALM pin to open all switches and indicate overvoltage fault condition
- Charger interrupt indicator output
- Power OFF protection
- COM pins overvoltage protection for +5.25V and -5V fault voltages
- -3dB frequency: 790MHz
- Low ON capacitance @ 240MHz: 2pF
- Low ON-resistance: 3.5Ω
- Single supply operation (VDD): 2.7V to 5.25V
- Available in µTQFN and TDFN packages
- Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
- Compliant with USB 2.0 short circuit and overvoltage requirements without additional external components
The Intersil ISL54226 is a single supply, dual SPST (Single Pole/Single Throw) switch that is configured as a DPST. It can operate from a single 2.7V to 5.25V supply. The part was designed for switching or isolating a USB high-speed source or a USB high-speed and full-speed source in portable battery powered products.
The 3.5ΩSPST switches were specifically designed to pass USB full speed and USB high-speed data signals. They have high bandwidth and low capacitance to pass USB high-speed data signals with minimal distortion.
The ISL54226 has OVP detection circuitry on the COM pins to open the SPST switches when the voltage at these pins exceeds 3.8V or goes negative by -0.45V. It isolates fault voltages up to +5.25V or down to -5V from getting passed to the other side of the switch, thereby protecting the USB downstream transceiver.
The OE/ALM logic pin is an open drain input/output that can be driven to open the switches or monitored to tell when the part is in an overvoltage state.
The part has an interrupt (INT) output pin to indicate a 1 to 1 (high/high) state on the COM lines to inform the µprocessor when entering a dedicated charging port mode of operation.
The ISL54226 is available in 8 Ld 1.2mmx1.4mm µTQFN and8 Ld 2mmx2mm TDFN packages. It operates over a temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
- MP3 and other personal media players
- Cellular/mobile phones, PDA’s
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- USB switching
|Switch Control||Logic Level||Logic Level||Logic Level||Logic Level|
|BW High||790 MHz||790 MHz||780 MHz||780 MHz|
|BW Full (MHz)||790||790||780||780|
|IS||23 µA||23 µA||23 µA||23 µA|
|Supply Voltage Vdd Min||2.7 V||2.7 V||2.7 V||2.7 V|
|Supply Voltage Vdd Max||5.25 V||5.25 V||5.25 V||5.25 V|
High-Speed USB 2.0 (480Mbps) DPST Switch with Overvoltage Protection (OVP) and Dedicated Charger Port Detection
15 Aug 2016
|15 Aug 2016||743 KB|
|ISL54226IRTZEVAL1Z User Guide|
ISL54226IRTZEVAL1Z Evaluation Board User Manual
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||214 KB|