- Unique compensation-free design – always stable
- Output voltage range: 0.54V to 5.5V
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 14V
- 1% Output Voltage accuracy over line, load and temperature
- ChargeMode control achieves fast transient response, reduced output capacitance and provides output stability without compensation.
- Switching frequency range 200kHz to 1.33MHz
- Proprietary single wire DDC (Digital-DC) serial bus enables voltage sequencing and fault spreading with other Intersil ICs
- Tracking of an external power supply
- Cycle-by-cycle inductor peak current protection
- Digital fault protection for output voltage UV/OV, input voltage UV/OV, temperature and MOSFET driver voltage
- 10-bit average output current measurement with adjustable gain settings for sensing with high current, low DCR inductors
- 10-bit monitor ADC measures input voltage, input current, output voltage, internal, external temperature, driver voltage
- Configurable to use stand-alone MOSFET drivers or integrated Driver-MOSFET (DrMOS) devices
- Nonvolatile memory for storing operating parameters and fault events.
- PMBus™ compliant
The ZL8800 is a dual output or dual phase digital DC/DC controller. Each output can operate independently or be used together in a dual phase configuration for high current applications.
The ZL8800 supports a wide range of output voltages (0.54V to 5.5V) operating from input voltages as low as 4.5V up to 14V.
With the fully digital ChargeMode™ Control the ZL8800 will respond to a transient load step within a single switching cycle. This unique compensation-free modulation technique allows designs to meet transient specifications with minimum output capacitance thus saving cost and board space.
Intersil’s proprietary single wire DDC (Digital-DC™) serial bus enables the ZL8800 to communicate between other Intersil ICs. By using the DDC, the ZL8800 achieves complex functions such as inter-IC phase current balancing, sequencing and fault spreading, eliminating complicated power supply managers with numerous external discrete components.
The ZL8800 features cycle-by-cycle output overcurrent protection. The input voltage, output voltages and DrMOS/MOSFET driver supply voltages are overvoltage and overvoltage protected. Two external and one internal temperature sensor are available for temperature monitoring, one of which is used for under and over-temperature protection. A snapshot parametric capture feature allows users to take a snapshot of operating and fault data during normal or fault conditions.
Integrated Low Dropout (LDO) regulators allow the ZL8800 to be operated from a single input supply eliminating the need for additional linear regulators. The LDO output can be used to power external drivers or DrMOS devices.
With full PMBus™ compliance the ZL8800 is capable of measuring and reporting input voltage, input current, output voltage, output current as well as the device’s internal temperature, 2 external temperatures and an auxiliary voltage input.
- Servers/storage equipment
- Telecom/datacom equipment
- Power supplies (memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)
|VIN (min) (V)||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|VIN (max) (V)||14||14||14||14|
|VOUT (min) (V)||0.54||0.54||0.54||0.54|
|VOUT (max) (V)||5.5||5.5||5.5||4|
|IOUT (max) (A)||>40||>40||>40||>40|
|IQ||26 mA||26 mA||26 mA||16 mA|
|Switching Freq. (min)||0.2 MHz||0.2 MHz||0.2 MHz||0.2 MHz|
|Switching Freq. (max)||1.33 MHz||1.33 MHz||1.33 MHz||1.4 MHz|
|Peak Efficiency (%)||94||94||94||94|
|CurrentShare||No||Yes - up to 8 Phase||Yes - up to 8 Phase|
|Integrated MOSFET Driver(s)||No||No||No||No|
|Integrated Power Mgmt||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Dual Channel/Dual Phase PMBus ChargeMode Control DC/DC Digital Controller
14 Sep 2015
|14 Sep 2015||1.21 MB|
|ZLUSBEVAL3Z Design Files|
ZLUSBEVAL3Z Design Files
31 Oct 2014
|ZIP||31 Oct 2014||963 KB|
|ZL8800-2PH-DEMO1Z Design Files|
ZL8800-2PH-DEMO1Z Design Files
31 Oct 2014
|ZIP||31 Oct 2014||1.65 MB|
|ZL8800-2CH-DEMO1Z Design Files|
ZL8800-2CH-DEMO1Z Design Files
31 Oct 2014
|ZIP||31 Oct 2014||2.23 MB|
|PowerNavigator Software v5.3.32|
The latest version of PowerNavigator featuring Powermap, Rail Inspector, RailScope and a new look and feel.
20 Jun 2016
|ZIP||20 Jun 2016||64.68 MB|
|Production Configuration Utility v5.3.32|
Production Configuration Utility software for quick loading and verification of config files into Intersil digital power controller/modules
02 Mar 2015
|ZIP||02 Mar 2015||64.84 MB|
|PowerNavigator 5.3 User Guide|
Setup and configure a digital power device using Intersil's PowerNavigator GUI.
01 Mar 2016
|01 Mar 2016||5.49 MB|
|Production Configuration Utility User Guide|
User guide for production configuration utility software, version 1.0.10
02 Mar 2015
|02 Mar 2015||769 KB|
|ZL8800-2CH-DEMO1Z User Guide|
ZL8800-2CH-DEMO1Z Demonstration Board User Guide
19 Dec 2014
|19 Dec 2014||901 KB|
|PMBus Interface Install Guide - Win7 x86 and x64|
Intersil PMBus interface installation directions for Windows 7 x86 and x64.
20 Nov 2014
|20 Nov 2014||786 KB|
|ZL8800-2PH-DEMO1Z User Guide|
ZL8800-2PH-DEMO1Z Demonstration Board
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||1 MB|
|ZLUSBEVAL3Z User Guide|
USB to PMBus Adapter
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||226 KB|
|Achieving a Stable Power Supply with Fast Transient Response through Digital Control|
Achieving a Stable Power Supply with Fast Transient Response through Digital Control
02 Apr 2015
|02 Apr 2015||358 KB||deutsch|
|Simplifying Advanced Power Systems Design|
Simplifying Advanced Power Systems Design
02 Apr 2015
|02 Apr 2015||451 KB||简体中文|
|Digital-DC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)|
Digital-DC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
17 Nov 2014
|17 Nov 2014||194 KB|