- Specifications per DSCC VID V62/08610
- Full Mil-Temp Electrical Performance from -55°C to +125°C
- Controlled Baseline with One Wafer Fabrication Site and One Assembly/Test Site
- Full Homogeneous Lot Processing in Wafer Fab
- No Combination of Wafer Fabrication Lots in Assembly
- Full Traceability Through Assembly and Test by Date/Trace Code Assignment
- Enhanced Process Change Notification
- Enhanced Obsolescence Management
- Eliminates Need for Up-Screening a COTS Component
- Operates from 3.3V/5V Input
- 0.8V to VIN Output Range
- 0.8V Internal Reference
- ±2.1% Reference Accuracy Over-Temperature
- Simple Single-Loop Control Design
- Voltage-Mode PWM Control
- Fast Transient Response
- High-Bandwidth Error Amplifier
- Lossless, Programmable Overcurrent Protection
- Uses Upper MOSFET's rDS(on)
- Programmable Switching Frequency 100kHz to 700kHz
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Internal Soft-Start
The ISL6406MREP and ISL6406MVEP are adjustable frequency, synchronous buck switching regulators optimized for generating lower voltages for distributed DC/DC architectures. Both devices feature an adjustable output voltage.
Designed to drive N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous buck topology, the ISL6406MREP and ISL6406MVEP integrate the control, output adjustment and protection functions into a single package.
The ISL6406MREP and ISL6406MVEP provide simple, single feedback loop, voltage-mode control with fast transient response. The output voltage can be precisely regulated to as low as 0.8V. The error amplifier features a 15MHz gain-bandwidth product and 6V/µs slew rate which enables high converter bandwidth for fast transient performance.
Protection from overcurrent conditions is provided by monitoring the rDS(on) of the upper MOSFET to inhibit PWM operation appropriately. This approach simplifies the implementation and improves efficiency by eliminating the need for a current sense resistor.
The wide programmable switching frequency range of 100kHz to 700kHz allows the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The device also provides external frequency synchronization making it an ideal choice for DC/DC converter applications.
The specifications for an Enhanced Product (EP) device are defined in a Vendor Item Drawing (VID), which is controlled by the Defense Supply Center in Columbus (DSCC). "Hotlinks" to the applicable VID and other supporting application information are provided on our website.
- 3V/5V DC/DC Converter Modules
- Distributed DC/DC 3.3V, 2.5V and 1.8V Power Architectures for DSP, Logic, and Memory
- Power Supplies for Microprocessors
- Embedded Controllers
- Memory Supplies
- Personal Computer Peripherals
|ISL6406MR, ISL6406MV Datasheet|
Enhanced Product (EP) Single Synchronous Buck Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) Controller
17 Nov 2014
|17 Nov 2014||124 KB|
|ISL6406EVAL1x User Guide|
Using the ISL6406, ISL6426 PWM Controller Evaluation Boards
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||190 KB|