- Complete PWM Power Control Circuitry
- Separate Outputs for Single-Ended or Push-Pull Operation
- Line and Load Regulation 0.2%(Typ)
- Internal Reference Supply with 1% (Max) Oscillator and Reference Voltage Variation Over Full Temperature Range
- Standby Current of Less Than 10mA
- Frequency of Operation Beyond 100kHz
- Variable-Output Dead Time of 0.5µs to 5µs
- Low VCE(sat) Over the Temperature Range
The CA1524 and CA3524 are silicon monolithic integrated circuits designed to provide all the control circuitry for use in a broad range of switching regulator circuits.
The CA1524 and CA3524 have all the features of the industry types SG1524, SG2524, and SG3524, respectively. A block diagram of the CA1524 series is shown in Figure 1. The circuit includes a zener voltage reference, transconductance error amplifier, precision R-C oscillator, pulse-width modulator, pulse-steering flip-flop, dual alternating output switches, and current-limiting and shutdown circuitry. This device can be used for switching regulators of either polarity, transformer-coupled dc-dc converter, transformerless voltage doublers, dc-ac power inverters, highly efficient variable power supplies, and polarity converter, as well as other power-control applications.
- Positive and Negative Regulated Supplies
- Dual-Output Regulators
- Flyback Converters
- DC-DC Transformer-Coupled Regulating Converters
- Single-Ended DC-DC Converters
- Variable Power Supplies