- Provides four ACPI-Controlled Voltages
- 5VDUAL USB/Keyboard/Mouse
- 3.3VDUAL/3.3VSB PCI/Auxiliary/LAN
- 1.2VVID Processor VID Circuitry
- VOUT1 (1.2V - 1.5V programmable) LAN/Ethernet
- Excellent Output Voltage Regulation
- All Outputs: ±2.0% over temperature (as applicable)
- Small Size; Very Low External Component Count
- Undervoltage Monitoring of All Outputs with Centralized FAULT Reporting and Temperature Shutdown
- QFN Package:
- Compliant to JEDEC PUB95 MO-220 QFN - Quad Flat No Leads - Package Outline
- Near Chip Scale Package footprint, which improves PCB efficiency and has a thinner profile
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
The ISL6505 complements other power building blocks (voltage regulators) in ACPI-compliant designs for microprocessor and computer applications. The IC integrates three linear controllers/regulators, switching, monitoring and control functions into a 20-pin wide-body SOIC or 20-pin QFN (also known as MLF) 5x5 package. The ISL6505's operating mode (active or sleep outputs) is selectable through two digital control pins, S3 and S5.
One linear controller generates the 3.3VDUAL/3.3VSB voltage plane from the ATX supply's 5VSB output, powering the south bridge and the PCI slots through an external NPN pass transistor during sleep states (S3, S4/S5). In active state (during S0 and S1/S2), the 3.3VDUAL/3.3VSB linear regulator uses an external N-channel pass MOSFET to connect the outputs directly to the 3.3V input supplied by an ATX power supply, for minimal losses. The 3.3VDUAL/3.3VSB output is active for as long as the ATX 5VSB voltage is applied to the chip.
A controller powers up the 5VDUAL plane by switching in the ATX 5V output through an NMOS transistor in active states, or by switching in the ATX 5VSB through a PMOS (or PNP) transistor in S3 sleep state. In S4/S5 sleep states, the ISL6505 5VDUAL output is either shut down or stays on, based on the state of the EN5 pin.
An internal linear regulator supplies the 1.2V for the voltage identification circuitry (VID) only during active states (S0 and S1/S2), and uses the 3V3 pin as input source for its internal pass element.
A linear controller generates VOUT1 from the 3.3VDUAL/3.3VSB voltage plane, using an external NFET. The voltage is user-programmable to values between 1.2V and 1.5V, using an external resistor diVIDer. The mode is user-selectable with the LAN pin; a logic high (or open) selects the 10/100 LAN mode, where VOUT1 is always on (S0-S5); a logic low selects the Gigabit Ethernet mode, where VOUT1 is only on during active modes (S0-S2).
- ACPI-Compliant Power Regulation for Motherboards
|Chip Set Supported||Springdale with ICH5||i810, i815, i820, i845, i865, i875, i915, i925, i945, i955 for ICH4, ICH5, ICH6, ICH7||i810, i815, i820, i845, i865, i875, i915, i925, i945, i955 for ICH4, ICH5, ICH6, ICH8|
|3.3V Dual Regulator||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|5V Dual Regulator||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Integrated Clock Regulator||No||No||No|
|VID Regulator (V)||1.2||No||No|
|3.3V SBY Regulator||No||Yes||Yes|