- Selectable watchdog timer
- Low VCC detection and reset assertion
- Four standard reset threshold voltages
- Adjust low VCC reset threshold voltage using special programming sequence
- Reset signal valid to VCC = 1V
- Low power CMOS
- <20µA max standby current, watchdog on
- <1µA standby current, watchdog off
- 3mA active current
- 128Kbits of EEPROM
- 64 byte page write mode
- Self-timed write cycle
- 5ms write cycle time (typical)
- Built-in inadvertent write protection
- Power-up/power-down protection circuitry
- Protect 0, 1/4, 1/2, all or 64, 128, 256 or 512 bytes of EEPROM array with programmable Block Lock™ protection
- 400kHz 2-wire interface
- 2.7V to 5.5V power supply operation
- Available packages
- 8 Ld SOIC
- 8 Ld TSSOP
- Pb-free plus anneal available (RoHS compliant)
The X4283 and X4285 combine four popular functions - Power-on Reset Control, Watchdog Timer, Supply Voltage Supervision, and Block Lock protect serial EEPROM memory in one package. This combination lowers system cost, reduces board space requirements, and increases reliability.
Applying power to the device activates the power-on reset circuit which holds RESET/RESET active for a period of time. This allows the power supply and oscillator to stabilize before the processor can execute code.
The Watchdog Timer provides an independent protection mechanism for microcontrollers. When the microcontroller fails to restart a timer within a selectable time out interval, the device activates the RESET/RESET signal. The user selects the interval from three preset values. Once selected, the interval does not change, even after cycling the power.
The device's low VCC detection circuitry protects the user's system from low voltage conditions, resetting the system when VCC falls below the set minimum VCC trip point. RESET/RESET is asserted until VCC returns to proper operating level and stabilizes. Four industry-standard VTRIP thresholds are available, however, Intersil's unique circuits allow the threshold to be reprogrammed to meet custom requirements or to fine-tune the threshold for applications requiring higher precision.
|X4283, X4285 Datasheet|
CPU Supervisor with 128K EEPROM
19 Nov 2014
|19 Nov 2014||341 KB|
|How Green is Your Cloud?|
05 May 2015
|05 May 2015||275 KB|