- High-speed, high-current drivers for synchronous N-channel MOSFETs
- Adaptive dead-time control optimizes efficiency when used with Digital-DC controllers
- Integrated 30V bootstrap Schottky diode
- Capable of driving 40A per phase
- Supports switching frequency up to 1.4MHz
- >4A source, >5A sink low-side driver
- >3A source/sink high-side driver
- <10ns rise/fall times, low propagation delay
- Adjustable gate drive strength optimizes efficiency for different VIN, VOUT, IOUT, FSW and MOSFET combinations
- Internal non-overlap watchdog prevents shoot-through currents
The ZL1505 is an integrated high-speed, high-current N-channel MOSFET driver for synchronous step-down DC/DC conversion applications. When used with Zilker Labs Digital- DC™ PWM controllers, the ZL1505 enables dynamically adaptive dead-time control that optimizes efficiency under all operating conditions. A dual input PWM configuration enables this efficiency optimization while minimizing complexity within the driver.
Operating from a 4.5V to 7.5V input, the ZL1505 combines a 5A, 0.5W low-side driver and a 3A, 0.8W high-side driver to support high step-down buck applications. A unique adjustable gate drive current scheme allows the user to adjust the drive current on both drivers to optimize performance for a wide rage of input/output voltages, load currents, power MOSFETs and switching frequencies up to 1.4MHz. An integrated 30V bootstrap Schottky diode is used to charge the external bootstrap capacitor. An internal watchdog circuit prevents excessive shoot-through currents and protects the external MOSFET switches.
The ZL1505 is specified over a wide -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and is available in an exposed pad DFN-10 package.
- High efficiency, high-current DC/DC buck converters with digital control and PMBus™
- Multi-phase digital DC/DC converters with phase adding/dropping
- Power train modules
- Synchronous rectification for secondary side isolated power converters
|AN1116: Elantec CMOS applications|
CMOS Applications Information
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||231 KB|
Synchronous Step-Down MOSFET Drivers
19 Nov 2014
|19 Nov 2014||453 KB|