- Drives Four N-Channel MOSFETs
- Adaptive Shoot-Through Protection
- Internal Bootstrap Devices
- Supports High Switching Frequency
- Fast Output Rise Time
- Propagation Delay 30ns
- Small 14-Lead SOIC Package
- Smaller 16-Lead QFN Thermally Enhanced Package
- 5V to 12V Gate-Drive Voltages for Optimal Efficiency
- Three-State Input for Bridge Shutdown
- Supply Undervoltage Protection
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
- QFN Package:
- Compliant to JEDEC PUB95 MO-220 QFN - Quad Flat No Leads - Package Outline
- Near Chip Scale Package footprint, which improves PCB efficiency and has a thinner profile
The HIP6602B is a high frequency, two power channel MOSFET driver specifically designed to drive four power N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous rectified buck converter topology. This device is available in either a 14-lead SOIC or a 16-lead QFN package with a PAD to thermally enhance the package. These drivers combined with a HIP63xx or ISL65xx series of Multiphase Buck PWM controllers and MOSFETs form a complete core voltage regulator solution for advanced microprocessors.
The HIP6602B drives both upper and lower gates over a range of 5V to 12V. This drive-voltage flexibility provides the advantage of optimizing applications involving trade-offs between switching losses and conduction losses.
The output drivers in the HIP6602B have the capacity to efficiently switch power MOSFETs at high frequencies. Each driver is capable of driving a 3000pF load with a 30ns propagation delay and 50ns transition time. This device implements bootstrapping on the upper gates with a single external capacitor and resistor required for each power channel. This reduces implementation complexity and allows the use of higher performance, cost effective, N-Channel MOSFETs. Adaptive shoot-through protection is integrated to prevent both MOSFETs from conducting simultaneously.
- Core Voltage Supplies for Intel Pentium® III and AMD® AthlonTM Microprocessors.
- High-Frequency, Low-Profile DC-DC Converters
- High-Current, Low-Voltage DC-DC Converters
|AN1116: Elantec CMOS applications|
CMOS Applications Information
13 Nov 2014
|13 Nov 2014||231 KB|
Dual Channel Synchronous Rectified Buck MOSFET Driver
03 Dec 2015
|03 Dec 2015||313 KB|
|TB458: Converting a Fixed PWM to an Adjustable PWM|
Converting a Fixed PWM to an Adjustable PWM
19 Nov 2014
|19 Nov 2014||147 KB|