- HOT SWAP Dual Power Distribution Control for +5V and +12V or +5V and +3.3V
- Provides Fault Isolation
- Programmable Current Regulation Level
- Programmable Time Out
- Charge Pump Allows the Use of N-Channel MOSFETs
- Power Good and Over Current Latch Indicators
- Enhanced Over Current Sensitivity Available
- Redundant Power On Controls
- Adjustable Turn-On Ramp
- Protection During Turn-On
- Two Levels of Current Limit Detection Provide Fast Response to Varying Fault Conditions
- Less Than 1µs Response Time to Dead Short
- 3µs Response Time to 200% Current Overshoot
The HIP1012 is a HOT SWAP dual supply power distribution controller. Two external N-Channel MOSFETs are driven to distribute power while providing load fault isolation.
At turn-on, the gate of each external N-Channel MOSFET is charged with a 10µA current source. Capacitors on each gate (see the Typical Application Diagram), create a programmable ramp (soft turn-on) to control inrush currents. A built in charge pump supplies the gate drive for the 12V supply N-Channel MOSFET switch.
Over current protection is facilitated by two external current sense resistors. When the current through either resistor exceeds the user programmed value the controller enters the current regulation mode. The time-out capacitor, CTIM, starts charging as the controller enters the time out period. Once CTIM charges to a 2V threshold, the N-Channel MOSFETs are latched off. In the event of a fault at least three times the current limit level, the N-Channel MOSFET gates are pulled low immediately before entering time out period. The controller is reset by a rising edge on either PWRON pin.
Choosing the voltage selection mode the HIP1012 controls either +12V/5V or +3.3V/+5V supplies.
For those applications where voltage tolerance is a concern the HIP1012A has a minimum nominal over current threshold voltage of 50mV as compared to 100mV for the HIP1012.
- Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) System
- Power Distribution Control
- Hot Plug™, Hot Swap Components
|# of Outputs||2||2||3||1|
|VBIAS (min)||12 V||10.5 V||5 V||12 V|
|VBIAS (max)||12 V||13.2 V||12 V||12 V|
|Controlled Voltages (V)||+12V/+5V or +5V/+3.3V||+12 and +3.3||≤ Bias Voltage||12|
|UV/OV Feature||UV monitor & report||UV Notification||N/A||UV Lockout|
Dual Power Distribution Controller
17 Jul 2015
|17 Jul 2015||548 KB|
|How Green is Your Cloud?|
05 May 2015
|05 May 2015||275 KB|