- Supports Two Independent PCI-Express Slots
- Highest Available Accuracy External RSENSE Current Monitoring on Main Supplies
- Programmable Current Regulation Protection Function for X1, X4, X8, X16 Connectors
- 12V, 3.3V, and 3.3VAUX Supplies Supported per PCI Express Specification V1.0A
- Voltage Tolerant I/O SMBus Interface for Slot Power Control and Status, Compatible with SMBus 2.0 Systems
- Programmable Current Regulation Duration
- Programmable In-Rush Current Limiting
- Dual-Level Fault Detection for Quick Fault Response Without Nuisance Tripping
- Slot-to-Slot Electrical and Thermal Isolation
- Two General-Purpose Input Pins Suitable for Interface to Logic and Switches
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
The ISL6112 targets the PCI-Express add-in card hot plug application. Together with two each of N-Channel and P-Channel MOSFETs, four current sense resistors, and several external passive components, the ISL6112 provides a compliant hot plug power control solution to any combination of two PCI-Express X1, X4, X8 or X16 slots.
The ISL6112 features the ability to program a maximum current regulated level for each of the MAIN outputs for a common programmable duration. With this ability, both fault isolation protection and imperviousness to electrical transients (OC and soft-start protection) are provided to each system supply. For each 12VMAIN supply, the current regulated (CR) level is set by a resistor value dependent on the size of the PCI-Express connector (X1, X4/X8 or X16) to be powered. This resistor is a sub ohm standard value current sense resistor; one each for each of the 3VMAIN and 12VMAIN supplies. The voltage across this resistor is compared to a 50mV reference, providing a nominal CR protection level that would be set above the maximum specified slot limits. The 3.3V supply can use a 15mΩ sense resistor, compared to a 50mV reference, to provide a nominal regulated current limit of 3.3A to all connector sizes. A shutdown without a CR duration delay is invoked if RSENSE voltage is >100mV. VAUX is internally monitored and controlled to provide nominal limiting to 1A of load current.
The ISL6112 is System Management Interface (SMI) capable, with an integrated SMBus link for communication, control, monitoring, and reporting of IC and slot conditions. Information such as UV, OC, STATUS, and power level are available. Additionally, the IC has a minimum of I/O for implementations where Hot-Plug Hardware Interface (HPI) is implemented.
- PCI Express V1.0A Hot-Plug Power Control
- PCI-Express Servers
- Power Supply Distribution and Control
|Controlled Voltages (V)||+12 and +3.3 and 3.3 Aux|
|Regulation or Latch-Off for Overcurrent||Current Regulation|
|Int/Ext FET||Int and Ext|
|UV/OV Feature||UV Lockout|
|Reporting||PGOOD for UV or OC, PE Reset|