- Complete programmable laser diode driver
- 1000mA maximum total output
- 10-bit x 10-bit multiplying DAC output provides 10-bit full scale adjustment and 10-bit resolution at any full scale output
- 54ps timer resolution
- Three laser outputs allow read/write DVD, CD and Blue combinations
- Programmable waveform values support CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and Blue
- Analog input supports read APC
- HFM oscillator programmable to 100mAP-P from 100MHz to >700MHz
- PLL allows reduced-frequency clock on flex cable
- Separate serial input works up to 100MHz
- Programmable HFM offset when HFM is off
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
The ISL58767 is a highly integrated laser diode driver designed to support multi-standard writable optical drives. It accomplishes this by incorporating a waveform generator wherein the diode currents and timing details can be programmed before operation. The data input circuitry inspects the NRZ serial data waveform and generates programmed waveforms in recognition of various lengths of marks and spaces.
The architecture allows reprogramming of the timers to support different media, Blue, DVD, or CD standards, and different speeds. The programming is accomplished through a serial interface port. Three outputs are provided to support triple-laser multi-standard optical heads. The CLOCK and NRZ inputs can be either standard CMOS or LVDS, selectable through a program bit.
The ISL58767 requires 2.5V and 5V supplies, with all the logical interface operating on the 2.5V supply.
- Combination DVD, CD, and Blue writable drives
- HD camcorders
- HD video recorders