- 463MHz operation with T/40 time resolution
- Direct drive for Blue, DVD, and CD lasers
- 700mA maximum total output
- 10-bit x 10-bit multiplying DAC output provides 10-bit full scale adjustment and 10-bit resolution at any full scale output
- Two RAM banks for synchronized switching of timing and power parameters
- Three laser outputs allow read/write Blue, DVD, and CD combinations
- Programmable waveform generator supports CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD±R, DVD±RW, and Blue
- PLL allows reduced-frequency clock on flex cable
- Separate serial input works up to 100MHz
- Two analog inputs support slope and read APC
- HFM oscillator programmable to 100mAP-P from 100MHz to 500MHz
- Programmable DC output when HFM is off
- Pb-free plus anneal (RoHS compliant)
The ISL58728 is a highly integrated laser diode driver designed to support dual-laser multi-standard writable optical drives. Operating from 2.5V digital and 5V analog supplies, it directly drives cathode-grounded DVD and CD lasers and Blue lasers whose anode is connected to a high voltage supply. This triple driver offers a great degree of configurability via a serial interface and eliminates the need for glue logic and a negative supply.
An integrated write-strategy generator translates the incoming NRZ serial data stream from the host into output waveforms to drive a laser. The desired current levels and timing details are programmed through a serial interface port to support different media, standards, and speeds.
The CLK and NRZ inputs can be configured to accept either standard CMOS or LVDS signals.
- Combination Blue, DVD, and CD writable drives
- HD camcorders
- RWB HD video recorders