- 54 psec timer resolution
- Completely programmable laser diode driver
- 700mA maximum total output
- 10-bit x 10-bit multiplying DAC output provides 10-bit full scale adjustment and 10-bit resolution at any full scale output
- Two RAM banks for synchronized switching of timing and power parameters
- Two laser outputs allow read/ write DVD and CD combinations
- Programmable waveform generator supports CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD±R, DVD±RW, and Blue
- PLL allows reduced-frequency clock on flex cable
- Separate serial input works up to 100MHz
- Two analog inputs support slope and read APC
- HFM oscillator programmable to 100mAP-P from 100MHz to 500MHz
- Programmable DC output when HFM is off
- Pb-free plus anneal (RoHS compliant)
The EL6958 is a highly integrated laser diode driver designed to support dual-laser multi-standard writable optical drives. It uses 2.5V digital and 5V analog supplies.
An integrated write-strategy generator translates the incoming NRZ serial data stream from the host into output waveforms to drive a laser. The desired current levels and timing details are programmed through a serial interface port to support different media, Blue, DVD, or CD standards, and different speeds.
The CLK and NRZ inputs can be configured to accept either standard CMOS or LVDS signals.
- Combination DVD writable and CD writable drives
- DVD camcorders
- DVD video recorders