- Complete programmable laser diode driver
- 250mA write + 100mA read
- 8bit x 8bit multiplying DAC output provides 8bit full scale adjustment and 8bit resolution at any full scale output
- 120pS timer resolution
- Two laser outputs allows read/write DVD and CD combinations
- Programmable waveform values support CD-R, CD-RW, DVDRAM, DVD R, DVD RW
- Two analog inputs support slope and read APC
- HFM oscillator programmable to 100mAP-P from 200MHz to 500MHz
- PLL allows reduced-frequency clock on flex cable
- Separate serial input works up to 25MHz
- Dual sampled IV amplifier with programmable sample select and gain
- Programmable HFM offset when HFM is off
The EL629x family are a highly integrated laser diode driver designed to support multi-standard writable optical drives. They have a write strategy generator included. These parts also has an IV amplifier with concurrent read and write sampling. The gains of the IV amplifier are programmable, eliminating the need for gain DAC's.
The architecture allows reprogramming of the timers to support different media, DVD or CD standards, and different speeds. The programming is accomplished through a serial interface port. Two outputs are provided to support dual-laser multi-standard optical heads. The clock and NRZ inputs can be either standard CMOS or LVDS, selectable through a program bit.
The EL629x family operates on a 5V supply for analog circuits, and a 3.3V supply for digital circuits. The EL629x family is available in a 38-pin LPP package for improved thermal performance and reduced board area usage. It is specified for operation over the full -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Combination DVD writable and CD writable drives
- DVD camcorders
- DVD video recorders