- Display power output voltage: ±5V, ±5.6V
- Positive and negative voltages can be programmed from ±4.5V to ±6V
- >88% efficiency with 12mA load between VP and VN
- Up to 93% efficient LED driver
- Only 8 external components; integrated compensation and feedback circuits
- Analog, PWM and hybrid dimming
- ±2.2% current matching down to 1mA and ±2.8% at 50μA
- Can drive 2 strings of LEDs
- 10-bit linear and 11-bit logarithmic DC output current control
- I2C, PWM and SWIRE dimming inputs with internal multiplier for CABC
- 2.5V to 5V input voltage range
- VP and VN output adjustable from ±4.5V up to ±6V with 50mV steps
- I2C adjustable output voltages and settings
- 1µA shutdown supply current
- RoHS compliant
The ISL98611 is a high efficiency display power supply and LED driver for small size displays such as smart phones. It integrates a boost regulator, LDO and inverting charge pump that are used to generate regulated positive and negative voltages for display power. It also integrates a boost regulator and 3-channel current sinks for the LED backlight driver. The positive and negative output voltages can be adjusted from ±4.5V up to ±6V.
The ISL98611 extends the battery life of mobile devices by delivering greater than 88% efficiency for the display power function and up to 93% efficiency for the backlight driver when powering 12 LEDs. It reduces PCB area by integrating the two functions into a single IC and by requiring only 8 external components in total.
This product drives backlight LEDs with excellent current matching even at very low LED current (±2.2% down to 1mA and ±2.8% at 50μA), improving the brightness uniformity of LCD displays. It includes analog, PWM and hybrid dimming to maximize LED efficiency while eliminating color shift issues.
The ISL98611 is offered in a 2.33x2.61mm2 WLCSP package and the device is specified for operation across the -40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
- TFT-LCD Smart phone displays
- Small size/handheld display
|VIN (min) (V)||2.5||2.5||2.8||2.8|
|VIN (max) (V)||5||5||4.4||4.4|
|VBOOST (min)||4.6 V||4.6 V||5.15 V||5.15 V|
|VBOOST (max)||6.3 V||6.3 V||6.0 V||6.0 V|
|Boost Current Limit (A)||1.6||1.6||1.8||1.8|
|VON (min) (V)||4.5||4.5||5.7||5.7|
|VON (max) (V)||6||6||5||5|
|VOFF (min) (V)||-6||-6||-5.7||-5.7|
|VOFF (max) (V)||-4.5||-4.5||-5||-5|
|# of VCOM||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|# of Gamma||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Features||>88% efficiency with 12mA load between VP and VN, Up to 93% efficient LED driver, Can drive 2 or 3 strings of LEDs, 2.5V to 5V input voltage range, I2C adjustable output voltages and settings||>87% efficiency with 12mA load between VP and VN, Up to 90% efficient LED driver, Can drive 2 or 3 strings of LEDs, 2.5V to 5V input voltage range, I2C adjustable output voltages and settings||Over/Under voltage, Over Current protection and Over temp protection||Under Voltage protection, Under Voltage lockout, Over Current protection and Over temp protection|