- 15-channel reference voltage outputs, I2C programmable
- 14-channel gamma references, 10-bit resolution, with buffered dual-bank outputs
- 1-channel VCOM calibrator (“DVR”), 8-bit current-sink DAC
- High output current VCOM amplifier
- Fast output bank switching
- Dual bank gamma
- EEPROM endurance: 10,000 write cycles
- Read/write capable over 2.25V to 3.6V DVDD range
- 6.3V to 19V analog operating supply range
- 2.25V to 3.6V digital operating supply range
- 32 Ld 5mmx5mm TQFN package
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
The ISL24853A is a 15-channel I2C programmable reference voltage generator for TFT-LCDs featuring ultra-low power operation. It features 14 general purpose 10-bit DACs with buffered dual bank outputs, which can be used to set the column driver reference voltages of a TFT-LCD panel (gamma correction). The device also has an 8-bit current-sink DAC for VCOM calibration, and a high output current VCOM amplifier. The integrated EEPROM, for storing all reference voltage data, features an endurance of 10,000 write cycles and is read/write capable over the digital supply voltage range.
The dual bank outputs are capable of fast switching between different sets of voltage reference data. Bank switching is ideal to quickly change between gamma curves for 2D/3D TFT-LCD applications. The device’s outputs are double buffered, which allows for updating data in one bank while data is simultaneously output from the other bank.
Combining gamma and VCOM reference voltage generators, with low power operation, and EEPROM, the ISL24853A provides a complete reference voltage solution ideal for TFT-LCD applications.
The ISL24853A is available in a 32 Ld 5mmx5mm TQFN thermally enhanced package. It is specified for operation over the -40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
- HD and FHD TFT-LCD TVs and monitors - Gamma and VCOM
- 2D/3D TFT-LCD
- General-purpose reference voltage generator