- Fast response 7ns
- Inputs tolerate large overdrives with no speed nor bias current penalties
- Propagation delay is relatively constant with variations of input Slew Rate, overdrive, temperature, and supply voltage
- Output provides proper CMOS or TTL logic levels
- Hysteresis is available on-chip
- Large voltage gain 8000V/V
- Not oscillation-prone
- Can detect 4ns glitches
- MIL-STD-883 Rev. C compliant
The EL2252 dual comparator replaces the traditional input buffer + attenuator +ECL comparator +ECL to TTL translator circuit blocks used in digital equipment. The EL2252 provides a quick 7ns propagation delay while complying with ±10V inputs. Input accuracy and propagation delay is maintained even with input signal Slew Rates as great as 4000V/µs. The EL2252 can run on supplies as low as -5.2V and +9V and comply with ECL and CMOS inputs, or use supplies as great as ±18V for much greater input range.
The EL2252 has a /TTL pin which, when grounded, restricts the output VOH to a TTL swing to minimize propagation delay. When left open, the output VOH increases to a valid CMOS level.
The comparators are well behaved and have little tendency to oscillate over a variety of input and output source and load impedances. They do not oscillate even when the inputs are held in the linear range of the device. To improve output stability in the presence of input noise, an internal 60mV of hysteresis is available by connecting the HYS pin to V-.
Elantec's products and facilities comply with MIL-I-45208A, and other applicable quality specifications. For information on Elantec's processing, see Elantec document, QRA-1; "Elantec's Processing, Monolithic Integrated Circuits".
- Pin receiver for automatic test equipment
- Data communications line receiver
- Frequency counter input
- Pulse squarer
Dual 50MHz Comparator/Pin Receiver
14 Nov 2014
|14 Nov 2014||575 KB|
|EL Products Macromodel Library|
Simulation file for the EL Products Macromodel Library
10 Nov 2014
|LIB||10 Nov 2014||100 KB|