- MOSFET Input Stage Provides:
- Very High ZI = 1.5TΩ (1.5 x 1012Ω) (Typ)
- Very Low II 5pA (Typ) at 15V Operation 2pA (Typ) at 5V Operation
- Common-Mode Input Voltage Range Includes Negative Supply Rail; Input Terminals Can Be Swung 0.5V Below Negative Supply Rail
- CMOS Output Stage Permits Signal Swing to Either (or Both) Supply Rails
The CA3160A and CA3160 are integrated circuit operational amplifiers that combine the advantage of both CMOS and bipolar transistors on a monolithic chip. The CA3160 series are frequency compensated versions of the popular CA3130 series.
Gate protected P-Channel MOSFET (PMOS) transistors are used in the input circuit to provide very high input impedance, very low input current, and exceptional speed performance. The use of PMOS field effect transistors in the input stage results in common-mode input voltage capability down to 0.5V below the negative supply terminal, an important attribute in single supply applications.
A complementary symmetry MOS (CMOS) transistor-pair, capable of swinging the output voltage to within 10mV of either supply voltage terminal (at very high values of load impedance), is employed as the output circuit.
The CA3160 Series circuits operate at supply voltages ranging from 5V to 16V, or ±2.5V to ±8V when using split supplies, and have terminals for adjustment of offset voltage for applications requiring offset null capability. Terminal provisions are also made to permit strobing of the output stage.
The CA3160A offers superior input characteristics over those of the CA3160.
- Ground Referenced Single Supply Amplifiers
- Fast Sample Hold Amplifiers
- Long Duration Timers/Monostables
- High Input Impedance Wideband Amplifiers
- Voltage Followers (e.g., Follower for Single Supply D/A Converter)
- Wien-Bridge Oscillators
- Voltage Controlled Oscillators
- Photo Diode Sensor Amplifiers