Operations & Technology
Highly Reliable Supply Model
Intersil’s supply chain is designed to deliver the high quality and reliability our customers expect. At Intersil, we complement our own in house manufacturing capability with a globally distributed network of best-in-class, foundry assembly/test manufacturing partners. This minimizes the impact of regional production disruptions, resulting in a more predictable supply chain.
- Strong Technology Development Team: Continuous development of proprietary process and package technologies utilizing both internal manufacturing and external partners to enable differentiated products.
- Multi-Sourcing Strategy: Sourcing >80% of Intersil’s products from multiple, leading edge semiconductor foundries and assembly/test partners provides the assured supply required to manage supply risks, costs and meet our customer’s needs.
- Industry-Leading Quality & Reliability Metrics: Decades of experience delivering to the high standards of military/space products has resulted in a quality and reliability culture that makes Intersil a supplier that customers can depend upon.
Intersil’s Quality Policy
Intersil focuses on continuous improvement, and strives to deliver products and services that meet or exceed our customer's requirements and expectations. Intersil achieves world class product quality levels by driving quality initiatives throughout the entire product cycle from product development, manufacturing to customer support.
Third Party Certifications
- Guidelines for Handling and Processing Moisture Sensitive Surface Mount Devices (SMDs)
- Guidelines for Soldering Surface Mount Components to PC Boards
- Decreasing Moisture Content of Epoxy
- Calculation of Semiconductor Failure Rates
- Reliability Considerations for Using Plastic Encapsulated Microcircuits in Military Applications
- Use of Life Tested Parts
High performance ICs result from the synergistic combination of three essential elements: architecture, wafer fabrication and assembly. All three must work together to create leading-edge ICs.
Whether you’re creating a building, an airplane or an integrated circuit, a product’s usefulness is determined by the functional elements and how they are interconnected. Intersil has developed a huge and rapidly growing portfolio of high-performance functional blocks that are interconnected to create ICs. We’re constantly pushing the envelope with new circuit designs and innovative architectures.
Creating high-performance ICs requires optimized wafer fabrication technologies. With Intersil’s asset-lite strategy, we use our own wafer fab in Palm Bay, Florida, to create specialized ICs for rad-hard and high voltage applications. Most other ICs are fabricated using proprietary processes at several wafer foundry partners. State-of-the-art wafer fab processes, selected to match each products’ requirements, are essential to creating leading-edge ICs.
Today’s products demand increasing density – packing advanced new functions into smaller and smaller spaces. This increasingly requires three-dimensional combinations of multiple ICs in a very small package. At the same time, increasing amounts of power must be delivered and heat removed from tiny IC packages. Intersil is accelerating the pace of innovation in IC assembly to meet our customers' rapidly evolving needs.